Three Dominicans in Miss Universe

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Dominican beauty pageant contestants and plastic surgery

PeachezNcream84 said:
Nope not at all...I have seen lots of Dominicanas lighter then them..and when I first look at them I could guess that they are from the DR...but just from the pictures when I first looked, I didn't get that impression at all of thoes 2 girls. I realize there are a wide varity of looks in the DR...but neither of looked that Dominican to me.

For various reasons, I would like to see cosmetic surgery outlawed from beauty pageants. Mostly, I think the competition becomes more like an automobile customizing show. Let's stick to stock models and judge each on their merits without interference from surgeons.

In case any of you don't know, Amelia Vega and many other participants have been repeat customers of plastic surgeons.

Teddy_Ruxpin

May 27, 2005
arturo said:
For various reasons, I would like to see cosmetic surgery outlawed from beauty pageants. Mostly, I think the competition becomes more like an automobile customizing show. Let's stick to stock models and judge each on their merits without interference from surgeons.

In case any of you don't know, Amelia Vega and many other participants have been repeat customers of plastic surgeons.

LOL, OMG, due to this new info you've given me I don't like Amelia Vega anymore. I had no idea, but I shouldn't be suprised. It is common for Latin Americans to have surgery in order to have a more caucasoid-like appearance.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
arturo said:

How come you are sure that Amelia Vega had plastic surgery? I recall she was barely 18 when she won the contest. I find this doubtful. Where did she have plastic surgery operations?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Golo was always bitching about her having allegedly had work to reduce the size of her gums. Don't know if this is true, but where do you draw the line? If you've had your teeth fixed by an orthodontist should that rule you out too?

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
I am not a great fan of these things but I did happen to catch the last few minutes of the pageant. Miss Canada won. DR came in 3rd place. Not bad. She also sounded very intelligent compared the other contestants. I liked the fact that Renata was educated; she has a BA in Clinical Psyche. Too bad that she chose not to practice.

juancarlos said:
So, Ms. Universe is on tonight?

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
I saw the pageant too. Ms. DR had been a favorite all night and she received a lot of applause from the public. I liked Mexico's representative this year. I knew she would be among the finalists, along with Ms. DR and Ms. PR. However, Ms. Canada, who was also very beautiful, gained points as the contest was drawing to a close. I think the her answer to the question, or rather the way she answered it, helped her a lot. I had thought the two finalists would be Ms. DR and Ms. PR. But it was a good choice in the end, I think.

festival

Apr 7, 2005
I believe mexico should of won but in this pageant the 2nd most beautiful win.
My favorites were mexico,canada,dominican republic. I also think Canada won because of her ability to speak to the public.
Puerto rico had too much make up and venezuela looked good but wasnt ms universe material.