To Those from the US or Canada who have married a Dominican

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
I read the requirements and am a bit confused.
Where do I get documents translated? Do I have to get a divorce decree translated as well as my birth certificate.

Has anyone gone through the process

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I thought you had just met this lady, she as working in your hotel and then you came to live close to her and was looking for a house. Did you suddenly get married? Or am I getting confused with someone else?

Also are you looking to get your divorce papers translated from a different marriage, or are you just planning ahead?

Reactions: keepcoming

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I thought you had just met this lady, she as working in your hotel and then you came to live close to her and was looking for a house. Did you suddenly get married? Or am I getting confused with someone else?

Also are you looking to get your divorce papers translated from a different marriage, or are you just planning ahead?
You pretty much summed it all up...lol I guess to answer the OP question, every document that is in English needs to be translated to Spanish.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You pretty much summed it all up...lol I guess to answer the OP question, every document that is in English needs to be translated to Spanish.
And with and apostile.
Look he may have met a good woman 🤏 but why go from the frying pan into the fire.
Waiting for a divorce to be finalized only to try to get it certified in order to marry?

As Larry the Cable Guy said
"It's like wiping before you poop it doesn't make sense"

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I know some people here in the visa process (legit applicants, with financial means ). One has been in process over 3 years and has no idea if she will receive an interview.
Since Covid the cases have stacked up like cord wood.
You are going into the Twilight Zone of lost paperwork

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We did the K1 visa many years ago, it took 3 months, but that’s because he already had a tourist visa. He wanted to work (legally) immediately. Then there was a 2 year temporary residency. At 2 year mark we had to prove we were still together and he needed a bunch of blood tests. At 5 year mark he became a citizen.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
go ahead Ken sounds great go marry her and live in Veron....better yet take her back to the states and watch her disppear...
I read the requirements and am a bit confused.
Where do I get documents translated? Do I have to get a divorce decree translated as well as my birth certificate.

Has anyone gone through the process

Reactions: Big

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I tried three times to get my wife a visitor visa and failed. Then I applied for residency which took many months
Eventually she turned in residency for a 10 year renewable visitor's visa. Lots of paperwork which has probably evolved since then.

Wetback across the Rio Grande is the best answer so far!!!

Reactions: JD Jones

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
go ahead Ken sounds great go marry her and live in Veron....better yet take her back to the states and watch her disppear...

I lived with her for 15 days. I am planning ahead. Still have not received an answer as to where do I get the documents translated from English to Spanish.
Do I really need a copy of my birth certificate?

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Canada and the USA are two different countries with different requirements for immigration. Take your time Ken. What is wrong with you moving to the DR for few months?
i don't plan on getting married immediately.. of course I would still need to get to know her better.. and vice versa.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Translated to Spanish? D.R. authorities?

You ask for advice, but you're not serious.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa

It is in Spanish, but your girlfriend can translate the information for you.
the document states that:

proof of single status issued by the Civil Registry of their country of origin or residence. This declaration certificate must be legalized by the Dominican consular authority accredited to the place where it was issued. If the document is not written in Spanish, it must be translated by a judicial interpreter and legalized by the Attorney General's Office and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In some cases the translation can be done at the Dominican Consulate itself. Some Diplomatic Delegations accredited in Dominican territory receive the declaration of singleness of their citizens.

how do i show proof of being single?
Where do i find a judicial interpreter?

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Translated to Spanish? D.R. authorities?

You ask for advice, but you're not serious
My question is where do I get these documents translated from English to Spanish so they are accepted in the DR.
I'm as serious as a heart attack. I am reaching out for some information

Status
Not open for further replies.