To Those from the US or Canada who have married a Dominican

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Im seriously hoping this is someone's Sock Puppet ,, for his own sake ..
holy smokes .. i cant even find words..
and yes I have read all his Posts ..

Ken, the mistake you made is marrying before you applied for the Visas.. if you did the K1 Fiance visa, you could have married her the moment she touched down in the USA..
If she was fortunate enough to get a Visitors Visa, which she could have used to come and go as she pleases, you could have married anytime, and then she would overstay, but the paperwork would be in so it does not matter ( a number of us did exactly THIS , and its the Best Plan IMO, as neither person feels any pressure whatsoever )
Now to get your Dominican Wife to the USA, a whole different type of Paperwork is involved .. and getting her to the USA will take some time I think
Good luck .. u looking at a Year to 18 months or longer .

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It needs to be a certified translator or it will not be accepted. I recommend Olga Vinas in Santo Domingo. She also speaks perfect English.
IMG_3319.jpeg

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My question is where do I get these documents translated from English to Spanish so they are accepted in the DR.
I'm as serious as a heart attack. I am reaching out for some information
You need to ask your immigration lawyer that. That's why you're paying him big bucks.

Reactions: Fulano2

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You can call any office of the Dominican Republic Consulate General and ask. There are several offices in the US.

***La Profe gave this information in previous post..sorry!!

Last edited:

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Update,
You might try contacting the closest Dominican Consulate and inquire about translation services.
I just spoke to Dominican Consulate in the US.. They said it needs to be done at a consular location in the US.
Might be able to mail them

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Im seriously hoping this is someone's Sock Puppet ,, for his own sake ..
holy smokes .. i cant even find words..
and yes I have read all his Posts ..

Ken, the mistake you made is marrying before you applied for the Visas.. if you did the K1 Fiance visa, you could have married her the moment she touched down in the USA..
If she was fortunate enough to get a Visitors Visa, which she could have used to come and go as she pleases, you could have married anytime, and then she would overstay, but the paperwork would be in so it does not matter ( a number of us did exactly THIS , and its the Best Plan IMO, as neither person feels any pressure whatsoever )
Now to get your Dominican Wife to the USA, a whole different type of Paperwork is involved .. and getting her to the USA will take some time I think
Good luck .. u looking at a Year to 18 months or longer .
??? I didn't marry yet. I

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ken, being serious..do you not think that you are ahead of yourself? The ink won't even be dry on your divorce papers when you go to get your documents translated. Do you ever step back and think about how all this sounds or comes off as? If this is all true, I hope it works out for you. As a woman I doubt I would ever truly trust a man that I met on vacation while he was married, then is divorcing his wife to marry me. But that is just me.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
A lot of posters here are very good at Googling answers. Maybe you should PM the OP and teach him how(?).

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I'm just telling you what is going to happen you may not like it but I seen this play out many times....

a little advice to Ken
I love movie lines .. they sometimes fit perfectly

"What you got aint nuthin New
This Country is Hard on (Soft ) people
U cant stop whats Comin ...
They aint all waitin on you
that's vanity "

Reactions: Big

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
A lot of posters here are very good at Googling answers. Maybe you should PM the OP and teach him how(?).
OR maybe they LIVED it .. What specifically was Googled by someone ? and not from Real Life experience .
I would kindly ask you ..

Reactions: Big

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I tried three times to get my wife a visitor visa and failed. Then I applied for residency which took many months
Eventually she turned in residency for a 10 year renewable visitor's visa. Lots of paperwork which has probably evolved since then.

Wetback across the Rio Grande is the best answer so far.
Didn’t know a 10 year visitor’s visa was an option. Is it still an option?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Didn’t know a 10 year visitor’s visa was an option. Is it still an option?
At like $300 a Pop/ Try, they are happy to take your money,
2nd or 3rd try is the Charm ... this is how they roll.
and her circumstances dont have to change . This is how you know its not about the Application, they are approved Randomly ..
if you try 3 times and still dont get approved, then there was a problem .

Reactions: Ecoman1949

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
As a woman I doubt I would ever truly trust a man that I met on vacation while he was married, then is divorcing his wife to marry me. But that is just me.
Even if he were rich and could take you and your family out of poverty?

Reactions: jd426

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I think Ken and Rey need to meet
Same premise. Ray at his finest was looking for a SAFE way to get drunk and chase the ladies in Santo Domingo, and Ken is looking to QUICKLY get his Dominican girlfriend a US visa.

If Ken is a real person, the obvious answer is that he should move to the DR to be with the love of his life. Sooner or later the paperwork will go through, and if you are looking for speed, the only guarantee is that it will cost more, not be quicker.

Reactions: jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
OR maybe they LIVED it .. What specifically was Googled by someone ? and not from Real Life experience .
I would kindly ask you ..
You can't be serious(?). This forum is replete with Google experts. Nowhere did I specifically refer to this thread nor to all posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.