To what movie would you compare DR

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
" Gone with the wind" beautiful country, hot chicks (Scarlet), reckless yes, racial (who isn't), and mack daddy's (Rex) hehehe

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Depends where you go:
City of Gods (urban poverty, the majority of the pop, not talking about how they earn their living just quality of life)
How Stella Got her Groove Back (tourist areas)
La Maldicion de Padre Cardona (campo life)

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Yessssssssssssssssssssssss

Scandall said:
How about the "Land of Misfit Toys" from the old Christman specials?

Scandall

Who wants a Charlie in the box or a choo choo with square wheels? LMAO

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
capodominicano said:
To what movie would you compare DR to?
I think the DR (specifically Santo Domingo) mostly resembles Sin City and Batman Begins.

Capo
Jurassic Park,
The Garden of Adam and Eve

I bet that many of you did not even know that jurassic park was also filmed there.

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
We Have Dinosaurs??!!!!

Mr_DR said:
Jurassic Park,
The Garden of Adam and Eve

I bet that many of you did not even know that jurassic park was also filmed there.

o snap we have dinosaurs hehehe yeh i kno JP was filed in DR i forgot where exactly but i think i pass it when i go to the beach and if it isnt it then it looks really similar

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
hmmmm....

hmmmm....

I guess a combination of a "Touch of Evil" and "Dirty Dancing."

-Helpmann :laugh:

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
For intellectual tourists, or simply for the introverted beach-based expat, I'd recommend the "Night of the Iguana" (1964). Tragic and comic, cruel and refined, all in an absurd tropical setting. It is based on Tennessee Williams' play; directed by John Huston, with a great cast led by a charming and disturbed Richard Burton, a spicy Ava Gardner. and a the sublime Deborah Kerr. Think of the maracas.........:cross-eye :confused: ,

-Tordok