too good to be true? LONCIN - ATV's

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
changing tyres and battery after buying motorbike or quad is pretty standard for me.... still much less than 4,000 $ for new one.
Unfortunately, there are those on here that are that stupid, and that was not my intent to insult you. $700 is a way low price-point for a quad, even used. That price makes sense for a bike, and possibly for a smaller quad intended for kids. But if it's 250cc or higher, I'd run fast and far away. I saw one once where they guy came down from $45000 to $25000RD. The tires were bald and mostly flat, the battery was dead, and it had been sitting in his garage for months on end. Because the battery was dead, we couldn't even start it to hear how it ran. Though hopefully he dumped the gas before storing it, who knows. ottom line, $700 US is too little money to spend on something that should be safe to ride, either on trails or the street.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
This is the most incredibly useless thread I have ever come across on this forum, why will no-one say where in LT these bikes , quads, ATV s are on sale?

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
sprokets and chains wearing out more quickly...

Loncin is the most common brand of motorcycle in Barahona, where public transportation is mostly by moto, because they are cheap. They are pretty and are worth the price, but the steel they are made of is not the best and things like sprockets and chains tend to wear out more quickly than other brands, or so the motoconchos tell me.

I have seen a few Loncin quads, but quads are far less common.

I suppose that makes sense, including lousy batteries... with a cheap Chinese brand...still no one out there with actual ATV ownership experience with this brand?

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
1000 us thats pretty cool
but what would then be the costs to import and what process ?
:)

Has anyone out there actually has gone thru the process of trying to import an ATV from the US?
If so, what was the tariff? Miscellaneous fees? Ship charge? etc?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How much are they? The prices are not listed.

Almost no Dominican company lists their prices on the Internet since the prices tend to change with the FOREX rate. You may be lucky and get a price by calling, but most of the time you have to actually go to the business to get a price.