There should be somewhere.....
I have seen Peter Millar shoes from here

Last edited:

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I just bought a pair from Amazon.
They are made in the Dominican Republic.
Is there as place to buy them there at a discount?

The upper sole is manufactured at the Free Trade Zone Industrial Parks. The half finished product is then ferried to Puerto Rico where the soles are attached and thus the CO is issued as "American-Made" given the % of work and goods put into it, then shipped to the mainland for retail.

Back in the mid 80's two companies fulfilled about 80% of the orders for the US market, DOMFESCO AND DOMJET. Nowadays they have expanded the suppliers since even some of the leather uppers is being sourced from local tanneries (before the leather produced locally was too rough and thin).

Some find a way to smuggle some uppers from the industrial parks and have the soles sewn by shoe factories, then sell them (sometimes the original upper sole labels are faked or absent on these) to the local market.

There's nothing different from both options as soles are brought in from the actual production factories in PR. so the quality is the very same.

They have been manufacturing in the DR with D’Clase shoes, Bojos Tannery and B’Leather.

A good bet is that you can source them locally with ease, just not in main stores.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
.. do you mean sperry top siders?...have worn those boat shoes for years...just noticed that my bass wegun loafers are made in the DR..and for only $250 pair...……..