Toronto Blue Jays on their way with Dominican players

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I'm all ears....LOL, or do I have to check the forum posts, any mud slinging these days? LOL is Bronxboy still around? :squareeye

[video=youtube;LpJOxbaC8YU]x[/video]

Still here.

Where the hell have you been? lol

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
LOL I've been away too long brotha....thank goodness I still have dr1 on my bookmarks. I need to catch up.
I've been slacking though, I haven't been back to DR since 2010...hard to believe. I want to go back but now with that crazy chiki/sanky virus and thousands of sick people there I am going to bail out on this year....idk what is going on over there :ermm:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
LOL I've been away too long brotha....thank goodness I still have dr1 on my bookmarks. I need to catch up.
I've been slacking though, I haven't been back to DR since 2010...hard to believe. I want to go back but now with that crazy chiki/sanky virus and thousands of sick people there I am going to bail out on this year....idk what is going on over there :ermm:

I have not been to DR since Thanksgiving of 2011 myself.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Doing it again tonight Double EE hits 14th Home run Jays score 5 in the bottom of the 5th. Let's go blue jays.

7247642688_1d2fbfc11e_z.jpg

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Doing it again tonight Double EE hits 14th Home run Jays score 5 in the bottom of the 5th. Let's go blue jays.

7247642688_1d2fbfc11e_z.jpg

Don't know where you're getting your stats feed. EE = 16. He's a beast. Bautista and him (if they stay healthy) will be 1 and 2 in home runs.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Don't know where you're getting your stats feed. EE = 16. He's a beast. Bautista and him (if they stay healthy) will be 1 and 2 in home runs.

He has hit 14 Home Runs for the Month of MAY.. He hit 2 in April... And the Jays have Won 8 in a Row...
Yes that would be something The big B and EE , 1 and 2.. :)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I was there in 92 and 93 when we Won Back to Back WS. Also have autographed BB's from Tony Fernandez, and George Bell. George Bell is obviously 80's Blue Jays.

Tony Fernandez is a great example of an EX Blue Jay who has done allot for the DR after he retired from Baseball.

Greatest Shortstop of all time in my opinion Tony Fernandez..

[video=youtube_share;PiZKJAdFi2s]http://youtu.be/PiZKJAdFi2s[/video]

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
It's good to know there exist rabid Canadian baseball fans. I know you love your hockey (go Rangers - I was looking for a way to get that in) but from the many times seeing the lack of enthusiasm of Bluejay fans on the tube, I had a poor sense that Canadian baseball fans cared about their team, much less the sport. Good luck this year. Bluejay success is good for Baseball and good for the DR. I'm starting o see a lot of Bluejay ball caps around. Good luck, but you understand I'm a Yankee fan. We'll see who brags at the end.

14 in May; I didn't know that. What's the record? 16??????

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
It's good to know there exist rabid Canadian baseball fans. I know you love your hockey (go Rangers - I was looking for a way to get that in) but from the many times seeing the lack of enthusiasm of Bluejay fans on the tube, I had a poor sense that Canadian baseball fans cared about their team, much less the sport. Good luck this year. Bluejay success is good for Baseball and good for the DR. I'm starting o see a lot of Bluejay ball caps around. Good luck, but you understand I'm a Yankee fan. We'll see who brags at the end".

Oh Man! Tons of Blue Jays fans in Canada.. We still have EXPOS fans for God's sake.. And that is the biggest shame in Canadian History losing the EXPOS.. But then again that was in Quebec, not surprising they didn't support their team.. But Blue Jay fans are plentiful in Toronto.

And Blue Jays have always been well known in the DR, in the 80's and 90's Blue Jays always had Star Dominican players.

Anyways, I was 5 years old in 1977 and was at Blue Jays opening game with my Dad, who took me of course. It was at the old Exhibition Stadium and it was a freezing cold day, and honest to God, they had Zambonis on the field removing the light dusting of snow... It was a miracle memory even at 5 years of age, I'll never forget..

We have had our Heart Breaks over the years losing to Kansas City in the playoffs after being up 3-1 in 1985 was a bad lose.

Blue Jays Home Opener in 1977 first Game ever in Toronto.

ExhibitionStadium.jpg

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
What??????? A Maple Leafs home game???????????? I seem to remember a strike-shortened season that derailed the Spos (w/a then young Pedro Martinez, and an older Kenny Singleton, errrrr, maybe not, correct me if I'm wrong) from going all the way. I'm feelin' ya brother.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Ohhhhh Edwin Encarnacion :classic: 4th in line to marry me ;)

Im going to a jay vs yankee game next month

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
What??????? A Maple Leafs home game???????????? I seem to remember a strike-shortened season that derailed the Spos (w/a then young Pedro Martinez, and an older Kenny Singleton, errrrr, maybe not, correct me if I'm wrong) from going all the way. I'm feelin' ya brother.[/QUO

Yep strike killed the season and Expos, they were in 1st place at the time.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
What??????? A Maple Leafs home game???????????? I seem to remember a strike-shortened season that derailed the Spos (w/a then young Pedro Martinez, and an older Kenny Singleton, errrrr, maybe not, correct me if I'm wrong) from going all the way. I'm feelin' ya brother.

Thats right! Expos looked great that year..

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Oh those Dominican Jays!

The Blue Jays are absolutely fun to watch right now and I tune into every game. I have been to two so far- the exhibition game in Montreal at the end of spring training and those games were good. What an atmosphere at the Big O! and just recently at the Rogers Centre.

What a difference a good hitting coach makes with good hitters like Encarnaci?n, Bautista, Lind and Juan Francisco just to name a few. Juan Francisco has turned out to be a nice surprise pick up and a power bat. He really enhances an already potent line up.

I think the Jays will be in the race as long as they stay healthy and perhaps enhance the rotation. They still need a middle of the rotation starter if they are going be in the race in September but for now especially during this winning streak it has been all about the starting pitching which is complimented by the strong starting line up (especially 1 through 6). If Tampa Bay and Boston keep playing poorly, it will be hard for those teams to recover. No matter how good they have been in the past, it's hard to make up ground if a team falls behind 10 games and more in the division.

In the meantime, I just hope the Jays keep winning series and create more distance from the other teams in that traditionally tough American League East.

The Dominican players are a treat to watch- aka the Dominican Jays.

-MP.