Tourist Card Included in Ticket Price

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I just flew in on British Airways. All the taxes on my flight info were bundled together, with no mention of L8 taxes. Copule that with the fact that I paid for my ticket with Paypal and I thing the good old DR government can buy themselves a beer or two with my $10.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I just flew in on British Airways. All the taxes on my flight info were bundled together, with no mention of L8 taxes. Copule that with the fact that I paid for my ticket with Paypal and I thing the good old DR government can buy themselves a beer or two with my $10.

If you booked on wepage outside of the Dominican Republic can apply for refund if you want.

By the way my brother booked 2 flights to visit NY for christmas one was for him and the other one for my aunt, he paid with Dominican Credit Card in United webpage and for him was not charge for L8 tax, then next booking was paid with USA Credit Card and was charge for L8 Tax and had to apply for a refund on that ticket.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
How?

By the way, I don't intend to drive to the Puerto Plata immigration office from Cabarete on the off chance of recovering my $10.

you can do it online if Im not wrong Matilda put the link, but here goes https://dgii.gov.do/TturistaWeb/ReembolsoTT/ReembolsoTT/RegistrarReembolso

They add as a credit to your credit card the 10.00. If you are resident place your resident card together with your passport of if you have cedula do the same if you are traveling with a foreign passport as proof you that you qualify for refund.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
you can do it online if Im not wrong Matilda put the link, but here goes https://dgii.gov.do/TturistaWeb/ReembolsoTT/ReembolsoTT/RegistrarReembolso

They add as a credit to your credit card the 10.00. If you are resident place your resident card together with your passport of if you have cedula do the same if you are traveling with a foreign passport as proof you that you qualify for refund.

It seems you didn't read my original post very well. 1. I don't have any paperwork where the L8 figure is mentioned. 2. I paid by Paypal, so how can they re-imburse my credit card?