Traffic Jams Solutions

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
As I travel thru this beautiful city of ours, Sto Dgo, DR, I see nothing but a few quick solutions to the traffic jams.

First all I want is recognition for my proposals and 10%, as the law calls for, oh f any project(s) that come out this.

Quick solution:
1) Duarte / JFK ave jams - using the Avenida de los Béisbolistas as an example - the people going to the Ave Luperon should get off before the Ave Béisbolistas this way they do not cross path with the people coming from the Ave Béisbolistas into the Duarte / JFK Ave. Repeat this pattern where an entrance and an exit do not cross.

2) Build a bridge/tunnel between the corner of GW / Maximo Gomez Avenues and Ave España on the other side the naval academy for commercial traffic.

3) ….

What do you guys think ?

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
I’m not familiar with the Japanese transportation system. I’ll look it up. Thx

Here is another suggestion…
3) why not reduce the amount of time between red lights. I noticed that most red lights last up to 90 seconds or more. Reduce that number to allow traffic to flow faster, more frequent, this way traffic doesn’t build up for 5 blocks.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I’m not familiar with the Japanese transportation system. I’ll look it up. Thx

Here is another suggestion…
3) why not reduce the amount of time between red lights. I noticed that most red lights last up to 90 seconds or more. Reduce that number to allow traffic to flow faster, more frequent, this way traffic doesn’t build up for 5 blocks.
I bet you have the lights at Pinturas (Isabela Aguiar) with 27 Feb in mind when you wrote that.

They're too short now. Remember at many lights, there is 90 seconds because they have to give equal time for folks turning left, and then for folks going straight.

You gotta remember they have engineers who do studies on all of these lights over and over again to see what works best

Biesbolistas. Have you counted the quantity of lights between prolong. 27 and Duarte?

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas