Transport company for dog to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
I tried to search this but was unsuccessful. I've been trying to get my dog and I home for a year. My dog doesn't fit under the seat and none of the airlines are accepting dogs in cargo. Does anyone know of a reputable company that will transport dogs from here to Canada?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Dogs and Cats of the DR (Google them) have a charter flight that is shipping dogs from the DR to Hamilton Ont in the very near future. You can check with them to see if there is any room. If you have someone who will receive your dog for you then you just have to get yourself back. Hotel jail will be much easier without a dog in tow. Otherwise you will probably have to wait until November when the heat/date restrictions for dog transport are lifted again. I don't think WestJet is going to be flying passenger flights here soon enough. Both WestJet and Air Transat have a cargo service (planes with no passengers) you may be able to book passage on one of those flights for your dog. The Air Transat cargo company flies into Montreal I believe. Good luck. Please let me know if you find a solution.

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
Thanks for the responses. I was aware of all this information. He is on a wait list with DCDR, but I expect that's a remote possibility. I was looking for reputable companies that ship pets separately, not on a passenger jet. I have contacted 2 by email but have not had a response yet.

I have surgery scheduled for July, and am anxious to get that done before my surgeon retires.

Feb 15, 2006
www.villasmarlena.com
Thanks for the responses. I was aware of all this information. He is on a wait list with DCDR, but I expect that's a remote possibility. I was looking for reputable companies that ship pets separately, not on a passenger jet. I have contacted 2 by email but have not had a response yet.

I have surgery scheduled for July, and am anxious to get that done before my surgeon retires.

You can fly with the dog into the United States with American Airlines and then drive from USA to Canada. That airline will take dog underneath but in USA it switches to Air Canada which wont' take the dog

Reactions: snowqueen

snowqueen

Dec 15, 2004
You can fly with the dog into the United States with American Airlines and then drive from USA to Canada. That airline will take dog underneath but in USA it switches to Air Canada which wont' take the dog
Unfortunately, I didn't bring my drivers license with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.