travel from Santiago to Sosua

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Absolutely... I'm out of the country Sept 24th-Oct 26th, but will be delighted to get you to your hotel any other time.

Will check here for pms, and will pm you my cell # also.

Dawn

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Escott said:
Mikey, listen to me. Stop wasting your time and fly AA into Puerto Plata. I just checked today and it is about 30 bux more than flying into Santiago on Jetblue and YOU DON"T HAVE TO COME IN AT 1am in the MORNING!~!~!~!

Puerto Plata is 8 minutes from Sosua. It is a quality of life issue my friend! Screw Jetblue if you are going to Sosua. It just does NOT pay to save the few bucks.

Scott

What's up Scott, it's the other Scottie at Rocky's. You are right about the JetBlue thing. Unless you are staying in Santiago and don't mind flying in the middle of the night then stay with them. The 30 bucks you save will be easily spent on a taxi, bus or rental not mentioning the time and danger of traveling through the "cumbre". BUT AA is the best bet, within a half hour after getting out of the airport you are on the beach. YOU CANNOT BEAT that anywhere.

DominicanScotty

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Eddy said:
Mike, that's what I was trying to tell you. Scott always had a better way with words. LOL
Is this my buddy Eddy Cahill???? Stopped by a few times last week never saw you or simply missed you! Drop me an e mail!

Scottie

mike775103

Aug 25, 2004
DominicanScotty said:
What's up Scott, it's the other Scottie at Rocky's. You are right about the JetBlue thing. Unless you are staying in Santiago and don't mind flying in the middle of the night then stay with them. The 30 bucks you save will be easily spent on a taxi, bus or rental not mentioning the time and danger of traveling through the "cumbre". BUT AA is the best bet, within a half hour after getting out of the airport you are on the beach. YOU CANNOT BEAT that anywhere.

DominicanScotty
With the up to 15 hour layover in NYC or Miami, and the cost of connecting to the AA portals to DR, the AA options is a no go. However, during the high season only, I found Ryan International Airlines (charter) will fly me from Minneapolis to POP directly, for a little more than US$500. Take off is at a reasonable time in the morning, and I'm in POP by the middle of the afternoon.