travel? if war?

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
i am not sure if this question should be on this thread....excuse me if iam wrong. :confused:

But i have a question for all of you frequent or non frequent flyers..... " if there is a WAR...... will you still fly?" I am planning a trip in July w/ my family....... husband & 2 children....... would you fly? It seems like there is going to be war...according to the NEWS MEDIA........I am curious .......Thanks for you response(s)!!!!!!

And if you wouldn't ..... why? ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Live your life. I wouldn't want to go visit Iraq at this time but life goes on. Make your plans and go to the DR and have fun.

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
thanks!

Thanks for your positive outlook...... being here in NY.... can be a little nerve wrecking...especially because of 9-11... and everyone is being so negative....but your right .........life goes on......what can we do?........ here i come D.R. !!!!!:bunny:

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I agree with Anna...

You have to keep living! You can't let others get you down, things go wrong, and if you don't think on the bright side, something will always prevent you from following your dreams or what you want to do.

Go for it!

ssm

Mar 6, 2003
don't worry, be happy

In every life we have some trouble
and if you worry you make it double
don't worry, be happy.
:laugh:

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
wow

i really want & need to go to MY home town..........Thanks guys for the positive output;) I am glad to see that i was not being selfish.. I still want to go :cool: Thanks for all your response!

Dec 9, 2002
If people stop travelling it means the bad guys have won. We can't let that happen. My next trip to DR is booked for 26 May and nothing - and I mean nothing - is gonna stop me from flying.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Don't let the thoughts of war/terrorism deter you. Do what you want to do, just go. Regards, PJT

Sapphire&Pearl

Sep 30, 2002
Yes to travel

But make sure before you leave your insurance is VALID in the event of a war. Some companies are now adding a "war clause" to their policies and you may not be aware of the change to your policy. This goes for Life insurance, out of country healthcare as well as your travel insurance.

I will continue to travel but in the event of an unexpected situation,I am confident that I will be taken care of.

earosemena

Aug 18, 2002
Life goes on indeed

AOL, (America On Line, a very popular internet server in the US) conducted an informal survey among it's members. 57% of those who answered asserted they would continue to travel. As for myself, I have plans for 26Mar and I'm going.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Re: Yes to travel

Sapphire&Pearl said:
But make sure before you leave your insurance is VALID in the event of a war. Some companies are now adding a "war clause" to their policies and you may not be aware of the change to your policy.

You should make note, at least for insurance issued in the U.S. the "war clause" has always been in the fine print in the same sections as "riots". It not something that is being added now. Regards, PJT

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Definetly keep travelling. I was living in Italy when we started bombing Afghanistan, it was definetly a crazy experience but nothing dangerous or overly scary. I certainly wouldn't go to the MidEast, but you have absolutely nothing to worry about in the DR. In my opinion you are safer there than New York. Watch out for motoconchos though.

Flying

I have no problems with flying, many do and therefore the prices will drop on trips for sure if a war starts and it looks like it will soon, in fact I am contemplating heading to Cuba next Friday if the "Warden" can get time off work. A brand new 5 star that just opened for less than $900 Canadian including all taxes. Sure I would like to go back to the DR but nothing available remotely near that price.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
lindalyn said:
oh i am going .. and cant wait....:) just waiting for the prices to drop ??????

I don't think prices will drop if a war starts, it is in the cards they will rise due to costlier petroleum products. Remember the 70's and fuel surcharges. Regards, PJT

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
well right now they are $572.00 for the monh of July...... I am waiting to see if they go down t least by $50.00 ....... since its 4 of us..... it would save at least $200.00 ..... should i buy or wait ?

Thats by AA. Thanks ;)