Travels from DR to Toronto - Covid-19 Quarantine Hotel Toronto - Crowne Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I agree but it is easier said than done.
The fundamental problem with these health measures is that enforcement is a drop in the bucket.
They are dependent on the honour system and that requires a disciplined culture.
The government failed to set good examples and proper precedents.
I totally agree. Canada is known for being one of the most law abiding countries in the world yet their citizens are treated worse than gum on your shoe by their government.

Canadians are honest law abiding people. The few that are not should be nailed to the wall and be made examples of.

Glad we agree on something

Reactions: XTraveller

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I totally agree. Canada is known for being one of the most law abiding countries in the world yet their citizens are treated worse than gum on your shoe by their government.

Canadians are honest law abiding people. The few that are not should be nailed to the wall and be made examples of.

Glad we agree on something
I don’t know what or how long you have been out of Canada you sir would be in minority! proudly Canadian ...government and hospitals always took care of me great country to live and work ..you break the law you get punished simple ,the law is written not what ones beliefs are unless your in the Dominican :LOL:

Canada is the No. 1 Country in the World, According to the 2021 Best Countries Report​

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have no idea who CNW is but if you want to believe useless propaganda, good for you.
I'm still curious as to why you keep defending a government that tramples on the rights and freedoms of it citizens who have done nothing illegal.

My wife and I came to the DR in October when the Canadian government said they had everything under control and life would be back to normal by Christmas. From where I'm standing that didn't happen and yet again they are running around like chickens destroying the economy in the name of a flu bug.

We have to go back by mid June. I'm hoping the stupidity of the mandatory hotel quarantine will be over. If not we will deal with it. We will go back through Alberta and if I have to stay in a 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine I will be the most obnoxious son of a bitch that ever set foot in that hotel.

I have to pay in advance with no refund when my negative test comes back. It will be game on as they can't throw me out.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I agree but it is easier said than done.
The fundamental problem with these health measures is that enforcement is a drop in the bucket.
They are dependent on the honour system and that requires a disciplined culture.
The government failed to set good examples and proper precedents.
I disagree enforcement is being done and not at all that difficult. I know of real hand experience, first when you are in your home and quarantine you must call and check in everyday, then a friend of mine told me that a security guard did actually ring at his door to check if he was home. Also accompany the honor system your neighbours can report an offence.

Do not forget the majority of the people are honest and realize the importance of the quarantine. Only a few will not respect the quarantine puting their neighbours and family at risk.

The problem once again is who pays enforcement the provinces or the federal government? The quarantine hotels are paid by the persons entering the country at a very high price this is the abuse......

Making this DR related no planes from or to Canada and DR yet. This is also stupid because many other planes entering Canada and DR.

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
I disagree enforcement is being done and not at all that difficult. I know of real hand experience, first when you are in your home and quarantine you must call and check in everyday, then a friend of mine told me that a security guard did actually ring at his door to check if he was home. Also accompany the honor system your neighbours can report an offence.
Where did you get this call and check in everyday from?
I have never heard of such a thing and it looks like total bs.
Plus it wouldn`t even accomplish anything other than show the person was at home at some time that day.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Okay enough with the rumors and guessing . I last traveled back from the DR Jan 1st, 2021 . Prior to the hotel quaratine try. You have to use the canapp . You do have to check in online every day . They will give you a call once or twice , at that point. As of now UNSURE about from DR , AS THERE ARE NO DIRECT FLIGHTS FROM CANADA YET

MGD

Jan 3, 2021
Toronto
PHAC said that since the act took effect in late March, more than one million people who entered Canada were required to quarantine for 14 days. The agency said it had flagged more than 247,000 of those travellers to police as potential quarantine violators.
Although more than 40,000 people entering or returning to Canada during the pandemic have had to be reminded directly by police to quarantine, only 130 tickets and eight charges have been issued in connection with breaking travel requirements.
Last month, Ontario Premier Doug Ford complained publicly that not enough people were being punished for breaching the act.
"The system's broken," he said. "We can't have our police running around and seeing people breaking quarantine and nothing happens to them.… It turns into being a joke."

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Plus it wouldn`t even accomplish anything other than show the person was at home at some time that day.
Check in online or phone. This is in Quebec. I telling real hand experience no BS.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I personally know of 5 people who have had to quarantine for 14 days, and they all had random calls and visits during that time. That is how the system works.

Reactions: JDFriend and MGD

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I have no idea who CNW is but if you want to believe useless propaganda, good for you.
I'm still curious as to why you keep defending a government that tramples on the rights and freedoms of it citizens who have done nothing illegal.

My wife and I came to the DR in October when the Canadian government said they had everything under control and life would be back to normal by Christmas. From where I'm standing that didn't happen and yet again they are running around like chickens destroying the economy in the name of a flu bug.

We have to go back by mid June. I'm hoping the stupidity of the mandatory hotel quarantine will be over. If not we will deal with it. We will go back through Alberta and if I have to stay in a 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine I will be the most obnoxious son of a bitch that ever set foot in that hotel.

I have to pay in advance with no refund when my negative test comes back. It will be game on as they can't throw me out.

WS just cancelled all DR flights and moved them into August.
Of course no-one knows if they will actually fly then.
AC may have flights in July PUJ-YUL.

Best bet American Airlines to MIA- DFW-YYC

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

Do not forget the majority of the people are honest and realize the importance of the quarantine. Only a few will not respect the quarantine puting their neighbours and family at risk.

The problem once again is who pays enforcement the provinces or the federal government? The quarantine hotels are paid by the persons entering the country at a very high price this is the abuse......

Making this DR related no planes from or to Canada and DR yet. This is also stupid because many other planes entering Canada and DR.
Check in online or phone. This is in Quebec. I telling real hand experience no BS.
Your right they do check a couple times and security guy comes to residence and you must show up to door with passport and call you every day..with that said I also know a few who went out said Fock it..

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I deleted several posts that were not only off- topic but political. For now, thread is still open, but further political allusions will force me to close it.

Think before posting another political rant in this thread, even if it is Canadian and not US politics.

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Same thing in Ontario
I deleted several posts that were not only off topic but political. For now, thread is still open, but further political allusions will force me to close it.

Think before you posting another political rant in this thread, even if it is Canadian and not US politics.
You should close this as I'm no longer even sure what the real topic of conversation is .. twitter and instagram people , We are here to trade information and FACTS , not personal opinions. Not sure about y'all but my goal is to get back to the DR and figure out how to do it with all the rules with travel from Canada

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
WS just cancelled all DR flights and moved them into August.
Of course no-one knows if they will actually fly then.
AC may have flights in July PUJ-YUL.

Best bet American Airlines to MIA- DFW-YYC
Last week there was a flight from PUJ to DFW. I'm hoping that is still available in mid June

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Same thing in Ontario

You should close this as I'm no longer even sure what the real topic of conversation is .. twitter and instagram people , We are here to trade information and FACTS , not personal opinions. Not sure about y'all but my goal is to get back to the DR and figure out how to do it with all the rules with travel from Canada
Depending on what part of Canada you are in fly into any of the US cities that have flights here. You can find them on PUJ arrivals and use the noon to 6pm time slot

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
....if I have to stay in a 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine I will be the most obnoxious son of a bitch that ever set foot in that hotel....
What purpose does that serve?
It's not hotel staff, likely paid at minimum wage, who implemented the quarantine. They're just doing their job.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Because they won't refund my money. If my results come back negative in 24 hours I can leave but the hotel keeps the money. I won't disrespect the employees as that would be rude. The management is another story. It's their decision to keep my money so I'm just going to make the earn it.

If my results take the full 72 hours I will behave myself

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Last week there was a flight from PUJ to DFW. I'm hoping that is still available in mid June
Didn't know where you are located.
Most direct is of course best.
PUJ will have good choices with US airlines, the only way to go for Canadians right now.
Also an advantage of direct arrival in YYC.
West Coasters transiting through YYZ would face covid hotel there, best in own city.

By August many will have two vaccinations.
With a negative PCR test, those should be allowed travel to home destination and quarantine at home.
If negative after arrival quarantine should not be required after 3 days, but it's politics.

Arrivals from the DR should be allowed in Canada, as covid incidence is low.
The only ones travelling would be Canadian citizens and PR Residents.

Canadian airports still have many international arrivals.
YVR today from US, China, Papeete.
YYZ from US, Amsterdam, Seoul, Frankfurt, London,Doha, Abu Dhabi.
Similar results at YUL.

The cancellation of CAN-DR flights is arbitrary and political.
The Canadian Airlines are lobbying the Federal governments for taxpayer bailouts.

yvr international arrivals today

Reactions: melphis

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Didn't know where you are located.
Most direct is of course best.
PUJ will have good choices with US airlines, the only way to go for Canadians right now.
Also an advantage of direct arrival in YYC.
West Coasters transiting through YYZ would face covid hotel there, best in own city.

By August many will have two vaccinations.
With a negative PCR test, those should be allowed travel to home destination and quarantine at home.
If negative after arrival quarantine should not be required after 3 days, but it's politics.

Arrivals from the DR should be allowed in Canada, as covid incidence is low.
The only ones travelling would be Canadian citizens and PR Residents.

Canadian airports still have many international arrivals.
YVR today from US, China, Papeete.
YYZ from US, Amsterdam, Seoul, Frankfurt, London,Doha, Abu Dhabi.
Similar results at YUL.

The cancellation of CAN-DR flights is arbitrary and political.
The Canadian Airlines are lobbying the Federal governments for taxpayer bailouts.

yvr international arrivals today
more then lobbying ..Air Canada 6 billion bail out plus government owns a part of them now..

Status
Not open for further replies.