Trojan Batteries in SD

cork

Aug 23, 2003
Impressed

Deep cycle lead acid are the ideal batteries and are the most recommended by inverter manufacturers.
It's been my experience that the Blacks last longer and cost less.

TraceBats600x450.jpg

I am impressed at the terminals being so clean.

On a serious note, would the Trojan 'RED' be the "T105"? What are the CCA or other specs on the BLACK in comparison to the RED? The "Black" does not show up on Trojan's website.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The T 105 is just the model number.
Both are 200+ amps.
Like I said, I got a bit more life out of my previous blacks than the reds, maybe 6 months more.
All hooked up together, purchased at the same time, same usage.

cork

Aug 23, 2003
Thanks

Thanks Marc.

Freddy's Multiservice has Trojan Black for RD$3900 and Easy Power has Trojan Red at RD$5200. Easy power gets theirs from Luis Hernandez and Hernandez is responsible for the warranty. Both places are out of stock although Freddy's will have them by tomorrow if you pay first.;)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Marc.

Freddy's Multiservice has Trojan Black for RD$3900 and Easy Power has Trojan Red at RD$5200. Easy power gets theirs from Luis Hernandez and Hernandez is responsible for the warranty. Both places are out of stock although Freddy's will have them by tomorrow if you pay first.;)
It's all a matter of how many you are buying, as to whether it's worth getting them yourself from STI.
If they are still 3,500 in STI and you're only buying 4, then it's hardly worth the trip.
If you're buying a dozen, then maybe it is worth going to get them.
Then there's the consideration of Freddy doing the installation for you, that could be a factor.
Keep the old ones and contact me for the recycler guy.
I think he pays 300 per battery.
PS: Forget Easy Power.
Way too pricey.

cork

Aug 23, 2003
It's all a matter of how many you are buying, as to whether it's worth getting them yourself from STI.
If they are still 3,500 in STI and you're only buying 4, then it's hardly worth the trip.
If you're buying a dozen, then maybe it is worth going to get them.
Then there's the consideration of Freddy doing the installation for you, that could be a factor.
Keep the old ones and contact me for the recycler guy.
I think he pays 300 per battery.
PS: Forget Easy Power.
Way too pricey.

Went to Luis Hernandez, in Santiago, and bought 8 T105 plus (rojo). The difference between rojo and black is about 20 amps capacity. 225 vs 208. They also have the US2200 battery, (232 amps) the successor to the US2000 Rocky wrote about.

The cost without discount was RD$4450 for rojo, with 2 year warranty
The cost without discount was RD$3650 for black with 2 year warranty
The cost without discount was RD$4200 for the US2200 with 1 year warranty

They also pay RD$350 each for your old batteries

They take credit cards and discount for cash.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Went to Luis Hernandez, in Santiago, and bought 8 T105 plus (rojo). The difference between rojo and black is about 20 amps capacity. 225 vs 208. They also have the US2200 battery, (232 amps) the successor to the US2000 Rocky wrote about.

The cost without discount was RD$4450 for rojo, with 2 year warranty
The cost without discount was RD$3650 for black with 2 year warranty
The cost without discount was RD$4200 for the US2200 with 1 year warranty

They also pay RD$350 each for your old batteries

They take credit cards and discount for cash.
Great info, Cork.
Thanks.
I'm surprised that you remembered about those US 2000s.
They were the best batteries I ever had.
Outlasted the Blacks by 6 months.
I had no idea they sold them there.
Thanks again.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I will let you know in about 10 years!!!

With 2 years running now, I wouldn't trade my 16 AGM for any lead acid batteries. I don't have to worry about the maintenance and hazard that comes with it.
OK it's been just about ten years (and about six and a half years since your last post), but I can't wait the last two months. How did those AGMs work out. Anybody else whose had AGM experience in LRD chime in please.