Tuifly 7/2 TB181. 22 Passengers left at the AirPort. Great job.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I completely understand, you could see them filling in paperwork on the film. I still have no sympathy, they must have realised that paperwork was required and should have known what paperwork it was. I am presuming it was the passenger locator forms for Belgium, not the Dominican e-ticket.
Yes, this part has me confused... When we've traveled between Europe and the DR with Condor, anything needed has been clearly listed on the airline website, hence we have traveled without any surprises, without any issues...

Other thing, so filling out forms made them so late that check-in closed? How much earlier did they arrive vs. the check-in closing time?

JFK

Nov 27, 2003
JFK. Do you have inside information from the AirPort Las Americas?
No, I have been travelling every few months for the last 25 years between Las Americas or Punta Cana to Brussels, so I have hands-on experience that I was sharing.

Reactions: Fulano2

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
On TB175. A hell of a flight by the way.
13:10 SDQ to MBJ to pick up passengers.
Waiting 1:20 became one hour later.
Leaving for Brussels we received the message they had to drop a passenger who
needed attention (read, a drunk Englishman causing trouble) so back to Punta Cana from Montego Bay.
We had to wait there untill 20.00 (!) on a glass of water since 13:00!
Then they showed up with a sweaty sandwich. I asked them for at least a small of to pay for bottle of red wine. NO! Not even one cup of coffee on the whole journey!

Finally we left and arrived at 11:00 AM. at Brussels.
Too late, so we use www.euclaim.nl to have part of our money back according to EU rules.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
JFK. Thanks. The point is Belgium doesnt require a test, the AirPort here did.
There is a lot missinformation about Who ask for PCR test, Airports or airlines are not the one who decided that, is the country that you are traveling to the one who required that the airline to ask for PCR or Antigen test, all countries has decided to give the airlines the authority to deny boarding to any body that do not show all paperworks asked for the country to let you visit, If you arrive there without that then the country will send you back to your boarding point, so airlines. All airlines send bounch of informations by e mail about e-ticket and is the responsability of the traveler to know all you must have before travel.

Same thing happend with the Dominican e-ticket to come or departure, airlines are responsibles to deny boarding if some one do not show the QR at check in, some people says inmigration did not ask me for QR but they forget is digital form, they know you have it when they read your passport.

Dominican e-ticket is more easy and less complicated than some implemented by other countries, as example the one to travel to Colombia, called Mig-check, they must send you an confirmation e mail, and if you do not get it then you do not travel, so you must be smart and make caputes of the screen just in case you do not receive the confirmation from Colombian migration.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
There is a lot missinformation about Who ask for PCR test, Airports or airlines are not the one who decided that, is the country that you are traveling to the one who required that the airline to ask for PCR or Antigen test, all countries has decided to give the airlines the authority to deny boarding to any body that do not show all paperworks asked for the country to let you visit, If you arrive there without that then the country will send you back to your boarding point, so airlines. All airlines send bounch of informations by e mail about e-ticket and is the responsability of the traveler to know all you must have before travel.

Same thing happend with the Dominican e-ticket to come or departure, airlines are responsibles to deny boarding if some one do not show the QR at check in, some people says inmigration did not ask me for QR but they forget is digital form, they know you have it when they read your passport.

Dominican e-ticket is more easy and less complicated than some implemented by other countries, as example the one to travel to Colombia, called Mig-check, they must send you an confirmation e mail, and if you do not get it then you do not travel, so you must be smart and make caputes of the screen just in case you do not receive the confirmation from Colombian migration.
Thanks but no tests are required anymore since last monday.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Depends on the country you are traveling, USA still is requiring Covid test 24 hr before travel, and same way airlines are the one that has the responsabilities to deny checkin if you dont have your negartive test.
Yes of course, if the destination demands it…

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Today, 22 Passengers were left at the AirPort in Santi Domingo.
They had to fill out the forms and when they were finished, they just closed the checkin.
Elderly French people, dominicans etc.
22 Stranded!
That happens every where, bunch of people Left including me and my family last year at RDU, reason check in was slow like hell.

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Air lines have a rule, all passengers must be checked in 45 minutes before planes take off.
International ✈️

JJ