U.S. Ambassador allegedly stops newspaper from entering official event in retaliation

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
And, hate to burst your bubble, but this is DR we are talking about. banana republics are exactly what political appointments are for. I doubt the secretary of state puts as much thought about wally brewster as some of you old guys here on dr1.

If you can't do better than seeking refuge in a banana republic, either you think you don't deserve any better, or more likely can't get any better place to take you, which is fairly bad considering that there are near 200 countries in this planet.

And what kind of place did you come from?

Do you think before spewing or view your mouth as an expelling orifice to dump your waste on others?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If you can't do better than seeking refuge in a banana republic, either you think you don't deserve any better, or more likely can't get any better place to take you, which is fairly bad considering that there are near 200 countries in this planet.

Do you think before spewing or view your mouth as an expelling orifice to dump your waste on others?

there goes Virgo again, believing that the only reason why people from other countries come to the DR is because they are seeking refuge. nope. there are myriad reasons why people migrate. i do not think i have to explain them to you, since you are apparently adult enough to operate a computer keyboard.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Virgo, I'm a tourist, not a resident. I lived in a dominican neighborhood in US for 10 years. Hence my interest in DR.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Banana Republic Movie - Woody Allen

Translator , Despot Ruler and Pres of USA

USA
I am very happy to be in your country

nods and smiles all around

Translator to Despot

E ees viry appy to be in yor coontry

smiles & nods all around again.

HAHAHAHA

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016

What are you seeking refuge from? Got the cops looking for you back home? I don't just looking for a cheap retirement place. May have to move on since the rules here are changing and i find it hard to keep up.
Der Fish

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
Be careful with your logic. Some may conclude the only reason YOU support him is that YOU are gay.
BTW the US Embassy belongd to the UNITED STATES and its people. One can accept or not sn invitation to the embassy regardless of one's opinion of the Ambassador.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Nice logic Virgo. If he says you are not supporting him because he is gay, then the potential logic on the other side is that one would support him because he (the politician) is gay. That is like saying if someone accused another of not supporting someone because they were, let's say, black, your argument would then be that the person making the statement in support of the black person is black (and let's say they are white, but by your so called logic they would then be black).
That is some impressive logic.