Uk visa for a dominican person

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just find a "Dominicana" in England!
Save a lot of time, aggravation, and money.
In a year or two they will both be gone anyway!
And you will be glad they are.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
It's not rocket science Giveadog!

I have done it on three different occasions for two different people. Admittedly I filled out the online form for them, but there's nothing stating that I can't. I supplied two letters of invitation, one from me and one from one of my family members in the UK, my employment contract, payslip and three bank statements. The applicants came from relatively humble backgrounds but we were able to provide evidence of income and assets such as a share in the family home and one of them had a car.

No one has said it is rocket science, my negativity is on this specific case where the girl doesn't have $1000 to her name. I mentioned if she has assets a letter from her employer stating she can go back and has cleared leave then great, try, but don't get your hopes up, but there is no mention of this.
Last year everything changed for entry to the UK, and it became extremely difficult for everyone.

Beeza, no one has said the application is difficult, filling out an application form and putting evidence together does not due you bragging rights on master mind. What is very difficult is convincing the ECO that you have assets and motivation to return, when you don't.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
No one has said it is rocket science, my negativity is on this specific case where the girl doesn't have $1000 to her name. I mentioned if she has assets a letter from her employer stating she can go back and has cleared leave then great, try, but don't get your hopes up, but there is no mention of this.
Last year everything changed for entry to the UK, and it became extremely difficult for everyone.

Beeza, no one has said the application is difficult, filling out an application form and putting evidence together does not due you bragging rights on master mind. What is very difficult is convincing the ECO that you have assets and motivation to return, when you don't.

You've mentioned it several times already, but what is the ECO? I've heard of the FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office), but not heard of the ECO?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
ECO = Entry Clearance Officer. The people who will open your application and decide where to go from there. Not enough documents, declined, no questions asked, until next year 2013 people can dispute a rejection, but after that they are gone, rejection is final. They might pass it on to another ECO who deals a bit more with something he is slightly concerned about, or he might make a decision and authorize entry as it's a clear case with no issues. The more ECO that have to look at the application the less likely they are to accept it, hence a quick response is usually good news, delay is usually bad.

Really, they've made it so so difficult now, a bit like being guilty until proven innocent.

They don't employ rocket scientists for this job either, you can get some ****ed off idiot who feels like being nasty and just declines randomly, it is a crap system in the UK, and getting worse.

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yes Olly my little mosquito, we all know you like to 'dislike' anything and everything I post in your regular displays of maturity. I thought you might have gotten a gameboy or length of rope for Xmas and found yourself something else to keep you entertained, or infact you might have even grown up a bit. Obviously not:bored: carry on, what ever makes you (and the team, yeh) happy, lol.

snoopy15

Jan 22, 2013
Anybody have any idea of other ways of dominicans leaving Dr without much trouble? How come there are so many dominicans abroad? How did they leave?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how did they leave? with their wives, husbands, kids, parents and so on. someone sponsoring them and helping them out. mind you, while there are many dominicans living abroad, there are not quite that many living in DR and frequently traveling abroad. you get my drift?

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Question would it be difficult to take my wife and son to the UK to reside ? I am sure the answer is yes but what about Uk citizens that are married and have a child with a Domincan ? For anyone that has done it how was the process ?TIA

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Question would it be difficult to take my wife and son to the UK to reside ? I am sure the answer is yes but what about Uk citizens that are married and have a child with a Domincan ? For anyone that has done it how was the process ?TIA

If you meet the financial and settlement requirements, are a British citizen and have a child with your Dominican wife then the application is just a process. Nothing is difficult if you meet all the requirements. What is difficult is meeting those requirements with them being so high now, but if you as a family are financially stable/wealthy and have a home to go to and and job, meet the rest of the requirements then there is nothing at all to stop you doing it. It is your right as a British citizen, there are regulations to meet, meet them and you're in, simple.

The hardest part is helping the wife settle in the UK.

Yours,

Dog in DR, lol.