Um... Punta Cana becoming Punta Torres?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The images says it all. This is planned for the Verón area on top of the cliff overlooking the whole area up to the coast. Some Spanish investors bought the land. The entire project will take US$4 billion (yes, with a b). This is planned to be a self-contained city made up of highrises.

j0lRDX.png

j0lqog.webp

j0lBVa.png

IMO, the most interesting thing from the outside is the mall planned for this development.

j0lxlR.webp

j0loKv.webp

I have mixed feelings about this.

Last edited:

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
What...no golf course?
How very pedestrian.
Snarkiness aside, I tend to agree with Sky.
I have been wrong before though when it comes to predictions about Punta Cana.
When I first arrived in Punta Cana (1989), there was only Bavaro Beach Resort (Barcelo), Club Med and Punta Cana Beach Resort.
Gradually over the years came Melia, Iberostar, Riu, Fiesta (Palladium).
At first it was fun and exciting to get new places, new restos, etc, but the fun soon turned to trepidation.
And then the pace quickened.
It seemed every day there was a new project.
We thought...
They'll never survive.
Too many hotel rooms.
Over saturation.

We were wrong every time.
More's the pity.
IMO.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Hmmmm. I was considering moving to Verón because of the electricity situation with EDEstupido. Maybe just getting a generator would be better. I would not like to live in a high rise area like that.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Wow! What a monster! I wonder if they threw all of their plans for this together before construction materials went crazy.

But unless I didn't understand the video, it was not approved due to the 20 story towers.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
More chance that Dinosaurs will make a comeback than this thing EVER happens.................
Only three posts for a doubter to arrive.

Hey, I also believe when I see, but I suspect it will get done.

Perhaps this will wake up the Scientologists so the will be re-born and do the Dream City project between POP airport and Sosua.
For now, it is all about Punta Cana.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Only three posts for a doubter to arrive.

Hey, I also believe when I see, but I suspect it will get done.

Perhaps this will wake up the Scientologists so the will be re-born and do the Dream City project between POP airport and Sosua.
For now, it is all about Punta Cana.
Have you ever been in Veron? I doubt it.............

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Wow! What a monster! I wonder if they threw all of their plans for this together before construction materials went crazy.

But unless I didn't understand the video, it was not approved due to the 20 story towers.
The original towers were going to be taller, but they had to be reduced to what is shown above. Construction of the project is suppose to start in 2023 and will consist of 1,000 apartments. The first ones will be ready by 2025.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Of course they will like the DR a lot compared to the other Latin American countries of Paraguay and Bolivia. The DR is currently set up to bring companies to profit faster than anywhere in the hemisphere and to create personal wealth at the quickest rate.

It seems they were not believing what could be done in the DR until they made a few investments and the results surpassed their expectations. Now they are getting involved in larger projects and have made all the contracts they could make in the DR. To put in shortly, they are ready to make a lot of money.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Have you ever been in Veron? I doubt it.............
The government recently inaugurated a bypass from the area very close to where this project will be to Bávaro, close to Cocotal, connecting with the bulevard. The need to go through Verón in order to get from there to either Bávaro or Punta Cana have been over for a while.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Hmmmm. I was considering moving to Verón because of the electricity situation with EDEstupido. Maybe just getting a generator would be better. I would not like to live in a high rise area like that.
It's planned to be in the Verón area, but it will not be in Verón Verón which is where you are looking into. In all likelihood a place like this will be gated, at least the part where the towers will be. This would be similar to Ciudad del Sol, which is a large planned community of single family homes on the other side of Verón and full of Dominicans (I say most residents here are Dominicans with expats/gringos being in the minority, this is not the case in other projects in the area), but that too is gated. Actually, that's a nice area full of more economical houses where some may be able to rent long term. You should look into that, though there it might be economical but more expensive than in regular Verón.

This project shouldn't be a reason for not looking into Verón if that's where you want to be. Look at the bright side, your son works in construction and all of this needs to be constructed, ahem. The only thing better of working close to home is working from home.

Last edited:
Reactions: NanSanPedro