Una Senora Dominicana me rob? todo y quiero ayuda

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
capodominicano said:
I'm not here to judge but why in the world did you leave your possesions to somebody you just knew for 2 months?
Don't diss all Dominicans for your mistake.

If I go to a foriegn land and just met somebody I would not trust them with my belonging. It's simple human logic.

Peace.

PS I suggest you scare her, unless you can go to the DR and actually stay for legal proceeding. In any type of legal dispute it's best for the plantiff to be present, it's no good if you're not watching over your law team.

Thanks, but it's a little more complicated than that. My wife is Dominican, and I am not dissing Dominicans. But the reason I left my things with her...I was renting an apartment from her cousin, a huge , extremely obese guy, about 450 pounds worth, and in January I paid my rent, 2000 pesos as always. But when I paid, he did not give me a receipt. He said I had to pay 500 more, and that he was raising the rent, eventhough we had a 1 year contract for 2000. So I refused to pay more, and he kept my 2000 and did not give me any receipt. So I went downstairs to talk to his mother, and I told her what he did. He was there, and he said "What receipt? You didn't pay anything" So at that point, I of course said he was lying, and he grabbed me on the shoulder and said "Vamos para afuera, te voy a romper la cabeza" which means, let's go outside, I am going to break your head open. So I started to leave, and he came running after me when this other guy there grabbed him from behind, holding him back.

When that happened, I felt that I had to walk around with a knife in my pocket to protect myself, so I decided that it was time to leave the DR. I didn't know if I could go to the police because I had been there 8 months, and I thought that was illegal (but now I see it's no big deal). The next day I told the guy that I was leaving and I wanted my deposit back. He said "What deposit? Things are ugly for you... I don't owe you anything." This really pissed me off. However, I had my receipts that I paid him $8000 pesos for a deposit. I also loaned the guy $6000 more to finish the kitchen, and he never did. This landlord was a class act thief.

So being that I barely knew anyone, I called the lady who stole my things, because we were friends, and her aunt was this guy's mother (they were cousins). She then told me that I should move all my stuff to her house, and she would talk to his mother, and get me my deposit back. So being that I did not have many choices, I did that. I did feel worried and I had a gut feeling that I could not trust her. But when I asked one of the other neighbor's, they said they had no space and it was best to leave the stuff with that lady.

After I moved all my things to her house, I wanted to sell somethings, and right away she said "No way, you're not puting my phone number in the paper!" Then she said if I wasn't going to leave the stuff with her, I had to move everything out of her house immediately. So I was a bit stuck. She did manage to get me most of my deposit, but not all. Conveniently $1000 pesos was missing out of that.

Anyway, I left my things at her house, and stayed 6 days at her sister's house, away from the huge landlord who was threatening my life. I taught her how to take pictures and use my computer equipment, so she could work for me, and pay for some of the things I left at her house, but after just 2 months, she started selling the photos to my competing companies, and also contacting my clients directly and trying to do business behind my back. So I lost all trust in her, and asked for my things back. Then she extorted me for $1000 dollars U.S. I got a lawyer that someone recommended, he sucked, and didn't even show up on the court day...she lied in court, said I was her husband, and the court left the case open.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. I hope anyone who reads this learns something from it all. And maybe if I am very, very lucky, she'll go to jail someday. If not, at least she will die a thief and that certainly would suck.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Anybody know how to spell

STUPID, THINK'S HE KNEW IT ALL IDIOT?

Sheesh! This is the most absurd story we have had on this board for what was it? Two years...

Forget it and move on. You will get no satisfaction and no legal assistance here. There are no grounds, now, for you to do anything. You missed the boat away back when.

Finish your studies, get a life and move on!!
:(:(:(

HB

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Hillbilly said:
STUPID, THINK'S HE KNEW IT ALL IDIOT?

Sheesh! This is the most absurd story we have had on this board for what was it? Two years...

Forget it and move on. You will get no satisfaction and no legal assistance here. There are no grounds, now, for you to do anything. You missed the boat away back when.

Finish your studies, get a life and move on!!
:(:(:(

HB

I thought this was a place to find help, didn't know it was a spelling test. And if my story was so stupid, why did you read it? When I find stupid things on the net, I don't bother to read them, and I certainly don't comment. You are obviously some power freak who thinks he knows everything, and enjoys surfing the web to leave your little condescending remarks to everyone. Why don't you find something better to do with your time rather than powertrip on others to boost your own ego.

For your info, I have already been contacted by help, and something will be done about this. Grand Theft and Purgery are serious crimes. I am not one to give up ever. I am not a quitter.

I know I have helped some guys out there who took the time to read my story. Any guy should be very aware of the dangers of renting a room from a lady, in the DR, Colombia or even Mexico. At anytime, you can find everything you own ripped off, and with not much recourse. Just learn from my mistake. Thanks.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
moozico said:
For your info, I have already been contacted by help, and something will be done about this. Grand Theft and Purgery are serious crimes. I am not one to give up ever. I am not a quitter.

I know I have helped some guys out there who took the time to read my story. Any guy should be very aware of the dangers of renting a room from a lady, in the DR, Colombia or even Mexico. At anytime, you can find everything you own ripped off, and with not much recourse. Just learn from my mistake. Thanks.
I agree, posting the story shoud help others avoid the same pitfalls.

Assuming you have competent representation, it will be interesting to hear the inner workings of the court system

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
moozico said:
Thanks, your comments are appreciated. I do make contracts now in business, as should everyone, and I am not as trusting as I used to be. Being ripped off by a Church going Mormon can really change the way you think about people. I do believe in God, and sometimes I find peace in knowing that she will someday die as a thief, and she'll be facing God. She knows the truth, and I know the truth...and so does God. She may be happy now with all that she has gotten away with, but when it comes time to do, she will regret it.

One thing for sure is, I hope other guys out there learn from my mistake, and this is not just in the DR, but can also be extended to many other foreign countries. Just do not leave your things in care with someone else. If you leave for a while, just sell everything or bring it with you...especially those things that cannot be replaced, like the quilt my grandma made for me by hand. I hope this doesn't ever happen to anyone else.
Yep,

She will pay one way or another even if it is her getting ripped off by someone else.

Many Dominicans think that once they hold someone else's things is automatically theirs with time.

The same thing goes when you are renting your home.
I have heard about feuds that end up being fatal because the renters would not want to pay rent after a while or get out of your house when you request it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Will SOMEBODY PLEASE Stick A Fork In This Guy!?

He's DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

And as a "FAT MAN" myself,I fail to see what a person's weight has to do with his honesty!!!!!!Or their height either!
At 6' 7" am I more honest,or less?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I noticed that. A disproportionate focus, to the point of obsession, on the villains' body size made me lose sympathy for the victim. :tired:

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
What struck me most is that this newcomer to SD decided that Katanga, Los Mina of all places, was the best area for him to rent an appartment. And then stuffed the place full of expensive electronics. When you look for trouble, it will find you.
Bartolomeo

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Would you please clarify?

moozico said:
I thought this was a place to find help, didn't know it was a spelling test. And if my story was so stupid, why did you read it? When I find stupid things on the net, I don't bother to read them, and I certainly don't comment. You are obviously some power freak who thinks he knows everything, and enjoys surfing the web to leave your little condescending remarks to everyone. Why don't you find something better to do with your time rather than powertrip on others to boost your own ego.

Hello Moozico,

Your original posting in 2003 states that you paid the lady a year in advance and that you "gave" her all the items you now claim she stole. My questions to you are: did you pay her the year in advance with the value of the items in question? Was that also her understanding or did she think that you were a very benevolent employer? Was the transfer of goods recognized by a written document with the signatures of the parties involved? I'm just trying to understand where this thing went wrong. Thanks, Carlos.

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
2dlight said:
Hello Moozico,

Your original posting in 2003 states that you paid the lady a year in advance and that you "gave" her all the items you now claim she stole. My questions to you are: did you pay her the year in advance with the value of the items in question? Was that also her understanding or did she think that you were a very benevolent employer? Was the transfer of goods recognized by a written document with the signatures of the parties involved? I'm just trying to understand where this thing went wrong. Thanks, Carlos.

Yes, the advance was the items that she was supposed to pay for, however, as soon as I left she began to sell things and kept the money. We actually printed up the whole list of items I left with her, and we both have a copy, but we did not make any agreement with a lawyer. I didn't have time for that, and I really thought I could trust her. I do however have her signiature from when she joined my website as a "single" and was seeking a relationship, which helps prove that she was not my wife. She was also engaged to this man, and a website page was made at that time dedicated to their engagement.

Some things I left with her were not to be purchased such as my clothes, books, the quilt my grandmother made, etc. But she was going to pay for the tv, tv stand, fridge, washing machine, couches, bed, tables, computer, digital camera, new vcr, kitchen ware, and many more household items. She probably could have paid the items working for a year because I was paying about $20 an hour for very easy work. But according to her actions, payment was not enough because she started trying to sell the photos behind my back to my clients as well as other websites. She was using all my equipment to take the photos and my computer to contact my clients and other companies. So when my clients reported this to me, I fired her, and she extorted me for about $1000 dollars for my things which I refused to pay. Then she lied in court, which I could not attend, and said she was my wife, so the judge left the case open.

In the DR, a woman can just say she is your wife, with no records of any sort, and she can keep everything you own. At least this is what the lawyer I had told me. I can't believe the legal system there could be so bad.

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Chirimoya said:
I noticed that. A disproportionate focus, to the point of obsession, on the villains' body size made me lose sympathy for the victim. :tired:

I was just pointing out that the landlord that threatened me physically, tried to attach me, stole my rent money, refused to return my deposit, was a huge guy. If he was a tiny little dude, then maybe I wouldn't have felt so threatened and I would have gone to the police. But when you have 450 pounds grabbing you, and saying he is going to break your head open, you'd feel like I felt too.

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Criss Colon said:
He's DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

And as a "FAT MAN" myself,I fail to see what a person's weight has to do with his honesty!!!!!!Or their height either!
At 6' 7" am I more honest,or less?

I wasn't associating fat with honesty. I was associating fat with the size of the landlord who was attacking me. I think you are reading too much into the word fat...just trying to describe the landlord who ripped off my rent money, would not return my deposit and who was threatening my life.

moozico

May 15, 2002
dominicaninlove.com
Bartolomeo67 said:
What struck me most is that this newcomer to SD decided that Katanga, Los Mina of all places, was the best area for him to rent an appartment. And then stuffed the place full of expensive electronics. When you look for trouble, it will find you.
Bartolomeo

Yes, you are right. I met a friend on the net, and she invited me to Katanga. I had no idea what Katanga was all about. I wish I never lived there. It's just about the worst place in all of the DR from what I hear now. I was living in Santiago before that, which was great, but I figured it would be nice to see more of the DR. At first when I saw the place, I had my doubts, but my friend insisted it was a friendly place, so I moved there for a while.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
If this guy lived on the North Coast he would be in a certain bar in Sosua drinking all day and complaining about the Stinkin Duminicans like the rest of the losers there do all day, every day.

Some people are in this country to get fleeced and fleeced again and again and others go through this life in this country enjoying it for all its worth.

We always hear from different people here that have a rough time in life whether with a woman, a man or money.

The story sounds a bit off but such things do happen here often to the same types of people. What he is hoping to accomplish here today is well beyond me and my scope of understanding but...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
moozico said:

Hillbilly, to whom your reply is directed, does not need to learn from your mistake. It is not one he would ever make. And believe me, you do not gain anything by insulting him. The rest of us, you see, have a HUGE amount of respect for Hillbilly.

I am surprised you have been contacted by 'help' as you put it, as I fail to see what could be done at this stage, other than strong arm tactics, which normally have a price.

I just hope you're not about to be ripped off AGAIN. Some people invite it on a repeat basis. My concern is not through pure altruism.............I'm just thinking about the post we'll read in 2007....................