Update on the cruises coming to Cabo Rojo

Jan 9, 2004
And I am and have been sourcing more EV's for another tourist project there as well.

Funny, a year and a half ago, we had people making statements like: "This "plan' should be up and running sometime in the Next Century.."

The major cruise lines (Carnival etc.) are now adding it to their itineraries.

The President is delivering on this and other projects............he may be difficult to beat in the next election.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
And I am and have been sourcing more EV's for another tourist project there as well.

Funny, a year and a half ago, we had people making statements like: "This "plan' should be up and running sometime in the Next Century.."

The President is delivering on this and other projects............he may be difficult to beat in the next election.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Looking forward to 2028, I think they're going to find Luis a hard act to follow after he finishes his second term. Carolina? David?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What about Abel? He did such a great job in Santiago (or so I'm told) that wouldn't he be a viable candidate, even though it's a different party.
Too much PLD sticking to him.

Here's an interesting factoid:

Cruise captain arrived in Cabo Rojo is a native of Pedernales

ByJulio Gomez January 5, 2024
Cruise captain arrived in Cabo Rojo, he is a native of Pedernales
Norwegin Pearl cruise ship that arrived yesterday in Pedernales
CABO ROJO, Pedernales.- Feliciano Pérez Carvajal, the captain of the Norwegin Pearl cruise ship, which arrived in this port for the first time and left open the tourist development of the southern area, is a native of Pedernales.

WhatsApp Image 2024 01 05 at 11.17.16 AM
Feliciano Pérez Carvajal

It was curious that although President Luis Abinader praised the ship's officer, he did not know that he is Dominican, a native of the agricultural community La Altagracia, in Pedernales.
You may be interested in reading: First cruise ship arrives at the port of Pedernales

According to Rafelín Pérez Gómez, nephew of officer Pérez Carvajal, he is proud to say that he is the second best captain of ships in the Dominican Navy.​

It stands out that Pérez Carvajal is a pride, not only of his family, but of all residents of Pedernales.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Too much PLD sticking to him.

Here's an interesting factoid:

Cruise captain arrived in Cabo Rojo is a native of Pedernales

ByJulio Gomez January 5, 2024
Cruise captain arrived in Cabo Rojo, he is a native of Pedernales
Norwegin Pearl cruise ship that arrived yesterday in Pedernales
CABO ROJO, Pedernales.- Feliciano Pérez Carvajal, the captain of the Norwegin Pearl cruise ship, which arrived in this port for the first time and left open the tourist development of the southern area, is a native of Pedernales.

WhatsApp Image 2024 01 05 at 11.17.16 AM
Feliciano Pérez Carvajal

It was curious that although President Luis Abinader praised the ship's officer, he did not know that he is Dominican, a native of the agricultural community La Altagracia, in Pedernales.
You may be interested in reading: First cruise ship arrives at the port of Pedernales

According to Rafelín Pérez Gómez, nephew of officer Pérez Carvajal, he is proud to say that he is the second best captain of ships in the Dominican Navy.​

It stands out that Pérez Carvajal is a pride, not only of his family, but of all residents of Pedernales.

What would be even more interesting is the story of how he made it from Pedernales to where he is now.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
If anyone is thinking about exploring this exciting and rarely visited part of the DR, I highly recommend the Cliff&Cove website: Cliff&Cove

It gave us a lot of helpful advice including avoiding wearing flip flops at the Sand Dunes of Bani, beaches, places to stay, what time of the year to visit, etc. The owner might want to check for the broken URL links on the website however, since many are not working....

Reactions: Lucifer

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
When it comes to AI resorts and Cruise Ports, they have the highest priority for development in all of the DR.
That should by now be clear to everyone. Major revenue.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Are you serious? I've seen random cactuses at certain points by looking out the window on the autopista Balaguer heading to Navarrete. You certainly had to pass by that highway since that's the most common way to Puerto Plata from Santiago. Put more attention looking northward towards the mountains next time you're riding through there. You'll see them pop up totally unexpected.
Cacti...

"You're a fun guy, Lucifer."

Yeah, but why do I have to be plural?

hazrae

Cliff & Cove
Aug 27, 2009
The Deep South
www.cliffandcove.com
If anyone is thinking about exploring this exciting and rarely visited part of the DR, I highly recommend the Cliff&Cove website: Cliff&Cove

It gave us a lot of helpful advice including avoiding wearing flip flops at the Sand Dunes of Bani, beaches, places to stay, what time of the year to visit, etc. The owner might want to check for the broken URL links on the website however, since many are not working....

Thanks for the support! We are thrilled our blog could help you plan your trip to the South. That is our intention - to provide accurate, up-to-date info and tell a story of this beautiful part of the DR!

We will certainly check on the links. 🙈 Thanks for the heads up.