Update please on delta flights discontinuations??

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I can't wait for december 20th. STI-ATL route is made in heaven for me. I will get to the airport (20 mins away), check in and through the security in 10 mins (hehehehe, got contacts at the airport). First class seat in delta, after 2 hrs and 45 mins, I will be landing at atlanta hartsfield airport. This is what I call, dream come true.
Long live Delta. :)
AZB

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
They ought to cut you a break AZB...........

Quote: "[I am] through the security in 10 mins (hehehehe, got contacts at the airport)."

For heavens sakes....after all the full body cavity searches they have put you through in the past 3 years at that airport they should let you through fast.....and of course its great that they place you in 1st class as a consolation/reward for your good behaviour during those searches as well.....way to keep up your great sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahaha

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Anyone know exactly when the last ATL to POP and POP to ATL flights stop going or are suspended til December? It it now or in Sept? Thanks!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Quote: "[I am] through the security in 10 mins (hehehehe, got contacts at the airport)."

For heavens sakes....after all the full body cavity searches they have put you through in the past 3 years at that airport they should let you through fast.....and of course its great that they place you in 1st class as a consolation/reward for your good behaviour during those searches as well.....way to keep up your great sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahaha

Hahaha, funny. I guess I am too fat for their body search procedures, too much work involved.
I do have friends in delta so no waiting involved for me. Thanks to my brother, an old delta employee, first class is always the case. First class is always empty in pop-atl route so I get it. However, the first class in pop-atl route sucks, no food in any class :(. Now sti-jfk is a hell route for delta non revenue passengers. The flights are full in all classes and if you are lucky to get to jfk from here, good luck coming back. The planes are oversold. This is why I love pop-atl route, perfect for me. Now imagine the sti-atl???? too good to be true.
AZB

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
that makes sense for them on a business standpoint, but i'll be damned if anyone in ATL will want to pay $800 to fly to DR.* Delta has lost their damn minds!
Be surprises...you may find better deals JFK or LGA to Atlanta and SDQ...Price are base on market and competition .Remember all airlines has a breakdown of fares...20 seat at 300.0020 other seat for 450.00 and up...up..up.I been in this industry since Braniff international back in the 90's.And to be honest Delta is making good money out of Atlanta to SDQ..much more than JFK-SDQ.I just came from SDQ yesterday from SDQ...full B737-800 100%Well SDQ-JFK was full....but the problem with JFK flight is the Noshow factor.The Noshow factor is very high on this markert...so the airlines has a full flight book and on the day of departure we end with 40 or more empty seat.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I can't wait for december 20th. STI-ATL route is made in heaven for me. I will get to the airport (20 mins away), check in and through the security in 10 mins (hehehehe, got contacts at the airport). First class seat in delta, after 2 hrs and 45 mins, I will be landing at atlanta hartsfield airport. This is what I call, dream come true.
Long live Delta. :)
AZB

Hey AZB..just look for me....well if I am Around....I been flying alot to Africa..I dont spent much time in ATL as I use.
Do you have my Cell #...same one as always.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hey AZB..just look for me....well if I am Around....I been flying alot to Africa..I dont spent much time in ATL as I use.
Do you have my Cell #...same one as always.

I have stopped asking for you at E terminal because I know you are flying now. I have tried to call you once but I guess you were out of the country.
Hey, come to sti and let me show you around here.
We were thinking of going to south africa but I don't want to get taken off the flight in dakar, yikexxxx. Seems like the flights are full going to africa. Now with the merger, hello bangcock. :)
hey, I might be able to become a flying companion soon. Lets see if my sister-in-law gets the job offer finalized at delta. Some security clearance issues are involved as she is from morocco and it takes forever for the security clearance to come through from morocco to delta. :)
AZB

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I have a question????flying Delta to STI, it might be a stupid question, lol
but can i bring on board a volleyball? or would they ask me to check it? :ermm:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Seems like delta is stopping the atl-pop flight on august 17th (this month), yikexx.
Thanks god they will reopen the route starting dec. 20th along with sti-atl route.
AZB

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Delta hightlights for december 2008 to dominican republic

atl/sdq will be a daily flight using 757-200

atl/puj will be 2 daily flights using m88

atl/sti will be a new flight using 738

atl/pop will be open again on december 20, 2008 using 757

jfk/puj will be a daily flights using 738

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Azb!!! Update!!!

Big Rumor in STI!!!!

Delta JFK-STI Once Weekly in December, verifying info......

I think this will be confirmed soon.

Regards

STIOP

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
big rumor in sti!!!!

Delta jfk-sti once weekly in december, verifying info......

I think this will be confirmed soon.

Regards

stiop

yup!!!!!!!!!!!
Delta is loading the schedules back soon so they going to operated daily flight by december and santo domingo is back also

delta is the best!!!!!!!!!!

Hay que celebrar esto con presidente!!!!!!!!!!

Jetblue
delta airlines the best carrier to dominican republic

american se puede tirar un peo de lo grande i dont cared about that airline anymore

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
ATL-POP resumes on Nov 1. Saturday only service then 20Dec daily service.
JFK SDQ and JFK STI will be saturday only service beginning 13Dec.

Hey Latino2002, where've you been?

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
ATL-POP resumes on Nov 1. Saturday only service then 20Dec daily service.
JFK SDQ and JFK STI will be saturday only service beginning 13Dec.

Hey Latino2002, where've you been?

We Might see a change of schedules possible to a daily flights each sector

So Far this winter:

JFK/SDQ resuming on a saturday flights 757...in the following week might be diaily
JFK/STI on a saturday flights
JFK/PUNTA CANA will be daily flights using 737-800

ATLANTA-SANTO DOMINGO WILL BE USING A 757
ATLANTA-SANTIAGO WILL BE A NEW FLIGHT USING 737
ATLANTA-PUERTO PLATA WILL BE USING AN 757
ATLANTA-PUNTA CANA WILL BE DOUBLE DAILY FLIGHTS USING 2 M88