Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Reactions: aarhus

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
According to my nephew (USAF) it is to bring in supplies...etc.. He said they have actually landed 3 aircraft over the last couple of weeks. Thats all he said,

Jan 9, 2004
I believe it is a C-17.

Easy way to tell is by the winglets. C-141 has none.

The purpose of the mission is unknown. Speculating a bit here, but since the plane reportedly flew in from Germany from one of the US bases there, they could very likely be bringing in equipment not necessarily personnel.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: JD Jones

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I believe it is a C-17.

Easy way to tell is by the winglets. C-141 has none.

The purpose of the mission is unknown. Speculating a bit here, but since the plane reportedly flew in from Germany from one of the US bases there, they could very likely be bringing in equipment not necessarily personnel.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

But for who? DR? Haiti? And if for Haiti, why not land in Barahona?? Seems odd that it’s so secretive.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
When I was a little kid, we had a party line phone.
As little kids were wont to do, we used to entertain ourselves by listening in on conversations.
One day a woman on the other line said...Oh, don't worry about that, it's only those nosy parkers again.
The Parkers?
We didn't know any Parkers.
That's when I first learned the phrase...nosy parkers.
lol.
I'm in the same boat.
I always question who, what, where, when and why.
W5
Nosy?
Perhaps.
But let's just call it curious.
It has a nicer ring.

Reactions: AlterEgo
Jan 9, 2004
But for who? DR? Haiti? And if for Haiti, why not land in Barahona?? Seems odd that it’s so secretive.
Well, certainly Maria Montez is capable of handling this aircraft, but security is going to be much tighter at SDQ.

And it is certainly not secret.........if it were.........the plane would have landed, unloaded and departed at night in a matter of hours.

I still believe that this is an equipment transfer related to the needs of the DR military identified in June after a meeting with the General of the US Southern Command (Laura Richardson) and the Defense Ministry/Pres. Abinader and after review of DR commando training.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2