US Global Entry is open to Dominican travelers

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"There are rumors on the Internets" that many Dominicans are under the impression that Global Entry means "free for all":

No visa required. Come one; come all.
Interview requires that you show proof of residency. Rent receipt, mortgage , utility bills etc. Dominican paper work might be weak in this area AND I doubt they would want to do that.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Global Entry is overrated. Sometimes the wait is the same or even more. And you need to pay for this along with a third degree "interview". I doubt many Dominicans will participate...........

Reactions: AlaPlaya
Jan 9, 2004
Global Entry is certainly not necessary or right for everyone. I see it having limited value for all but the most frequent Dominican flyers coming into the US.

But for those who do fly frequently, or fairly frequently into the US from outside the country or even domestically it can be well worth the $100.00 fee for five years.

By way of example, when my STI/BOS flight arrived at almost the same time as the flight from SDQ, the flight from Montego Bay and the flight from Dubai and you are staring at 300-400 people in the immigration lines, and even with the separate lines for returning US citizens, you will be smiling with Global Entry.

Also, and not often mentioned, Global Entry also gets you TSA pre-check for those traveling within the US. Expedited lanes through security into the gate areas and no more taking off your belt and shoes or opening up and powering on electronics.

As a fairly frequent USA flyer TSA pre-check was well worth the $80.00 fee and upgrading and getting Global Entry for an extra $20.00 to get both for 5 years is, in my opinion, a no-brainer.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: JD Jones and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Global Entry is certainly not necessary or right for everyone. I see it having limited value for all but the most frequent Dominican flyers coming into the US.

But for those who do fly frequently, or fairly frequently into the US from outside the country or even domestically it can be well worth the $100.00 fee for five years.

By way of example, when my STI/BOS flight arrived at almost the same time as the flight from SDQ, the flight from Montego Bay and the flight from Dubai and you are staring at 300-400 people in the immigration lines, and even with the separate lines for returning US citizens, you will be smiling with Global Entry.

Also, and not often mentioned, Global Entry also gets you TSA pre-check for those traveling within the US. Expedited lanes through security into the gate areas and no more taking off your belt and shoes or opening up and powering on electronics.

As a fairly frequent USA flyer TSA pre-check was well worth the $80.00 fee and upgrading and getting Global Entry for an extra $20.00 to get both for 5 years is, in my opinion, a no-brainer.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
global entry has made the difference for me making my connecting flight on countless occasions. Miami and Atlanta kiosks just take your pic and you get waved through.

Reactions: JD Jones
Jan 9, 2004
global entry has made the difference for me making my connecting flight on countless occasions. Miami and Atlanta kiosks just take your pic and you get waved through.
And yet another benefit I had not thought of as I fly direct without need of a connecting flight.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2