US phone number questions: Calling the US / Receiving calls from the US

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
Good info. When you say from an IP phone, can someone call GrooveIp from any cell or just from a client on a computer?

If someone calls me on my regular number i can choose to answer the "regular" number which rings first, it will use my minutes and be over the regular cell network. Or I can decline it and pick up thereafter when GrooveIp starts ringing.

If someone calls my Google Voice number, and I have both my phone and google chat checked as forwards, it will first ring in grooveip, if I decline then my phone starts ringing to pick up in the regular cell network.

All of this without requiring anything to be installed on the caller side. So either way, pretty cool!

People can either call my regular number or google voice number and I have the options to answer on either network. That is while I'm in the US because google voice won't forward the call to a DR number (Koreano tested this). So it'll be wifi/data only with groove ip when called from/calling the US from the DR.

palmiche53

Dec 17, 2012
Get vonage. Transfer your us phone number to vonage and bring your vonage to the DR. You'll need an internet connection to do it but it (wired).

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
We can now do everything via Google products. With a Google Voice number and an Android phone, we can install both Hangouts and Hangout Dialer to send and receive calls.
Awesome.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Re porting your number to Google Voice, can you move your number back to the original carrier? For example, port a Canadian or U.S. cell phone number to Google Voice for 4 months and then port it back when back in Canada? Sorry if this has been answered already. ..