Us troops, helping haiti or themselves??

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Effing a right Chip. The OP has an adgenda. Just another Canadian looking to bash the US. The troops are there because they are needed. I am sure the US has many better sh!tholes to train their troops than Hatia. OP is just another political agitator. ACORN

I'm Canadian and don't bash the USA unless deserved, and in this case Blue Boy is out to lunch. American Foreign policy is easy to criticize as it's inconsistent at best. Mrs Clinton insulted Canada three ways to Sunday on her last visit, and a less polite government than our current government would have told her where to shove it. As a long serving member of the CAF, I've worked extensively with American troops and have nothing bad to say, other than their leadership is sometime out to lunch, like ours. Haiti is a good training ground in many ways, but Haiti as much of a basket-case is far safer than any place in the middle east.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Some people just don't get it....

You haven't got a clue of what you are talking about, other than all operations are treated as learning experiences....ie what went right, what went wrong, what can we do better, how can we apply what we learned. I know many troops that went to Haiti, and have been or are going to Afghanistan and your assessment in out to lunch.
Hey Bob, did you and wiley coyote from Rye go to the same school or something??? hehe
I'm not talking about anything, everyone else seems to be doing a good job of that.....and for the 3rd time...it's not MY assessment. Go look and see who wrote the article....maybe you could em them and tell them their full of s***
Have a nice day Bob

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Come on Blue Boy, you can do better than that. You should know there are no 'red necks' in New Hampshire. Just us 'died in the wool' WASPs.

Again, try presenting some constructive arguments and leave the overly defensive rhetoric to someone a tad more capable.

A 'fly girl" in the big WWII impressive

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hey Bob, did you and wiley coyote from Rye go to the same school or something??? hehe
I'm not talking about anything, everyone else seems to be doing a good job of that.....and for the 3rd time...it's not MY assessment. Go look and see who wrote the article....maybe you could em them and tell them their full of s***
Have a nice day Bob

Nope, I'm from the other coast, and we are all hippies, draft-dodgers, dope smokers, and pacifists. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I am in the know, at least about Canadian involvement in both countries that you mentioned, more so than the Stars and Stripes or yours truly. Global Perspectives is not a particularly reliable source.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Sorry Bob. I do apologize to the well informed Canadians that are able to see both sides without blinders on. Most of the 53% of us US citizens that actually pay taxes are a tad ****ed that the U.S. of A. is called upon for money and assistance and then bashed by those who do not approve of the way we do it. Why not talk about the good things going on from this disastor. My town of 28,000 has taken on 12 Haitian school children and more will follow since our French Immersion program is tops in the state.

IMHO no matter what anybody does to help Haiti there will always be agitators to promote their own agenders.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
Nope, I'm from the other coast, and we are all hippies, draft-dodgers, dope smokers, and pacifists. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I am in the know, at least about Canadian involvement in both countries that you mentioned, more so than the Stars and Stripes or yours truly. Global Perspectives is not a particularly reliable source.
Thanks for your opinion Bob, well said.
Good night...

Mar 2, 2008
Blue Boy, you are confusing WASPs with WACs, but certainly a decent attempt by someone who is used to supporting his opinions with guess-work.

And before you make another feeble effort, the other woman's military service was referred to as WAVEs.

Keep on plugging. We are laughing with you, not at you. Really.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
I knew you had to be from new England

Blue Boy, you are confusing WASPs with WACs, but certainly a decent attempt by someone who is used to supporting his opinions with guess-work.

And before you make another feeble effort, the other woman's military service was referred to as WAVEs.

The WASPs: Women Pilots of WWII

Not only do you not know what your talking about, but you obviously were not in the service. Why don't you tell me what WACS and WAVES stand for....before you Google it Rye Boy.
WASP= Womens Airforce Service Pilots
Keep digging yourself deeeeeper

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010

American Experience . Fly Girls . Special Features | A WASP Among Eagles: A Woman Military Test Pilot in World War II | PBS
Here's another one for you RyeBoy

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010

WASP on the WEB--HOME
and another....keep reading, maybe you'll learn something..WASP

Mar 2, 2008
You are speaking of course about the civilian women pilots. Much different than military pilots. They basically delivered aircraft during the war. But, I'll give you an "A" for effort just the same.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Seems after reading the March issue of Stars and Stripes and looking at some affiliated web sites, it seems that the main objective for troops deployed to Haiti was for Haiti to be used for a training ground for troops that have no combat training,:pirate: getting them ready for Afghanistan rather than rendering services to the earthquake victims in Haiti.
I find this typical of US standards, and seems we are not alone, the Canadian military is using Haiti for the same.
Hummmmm

What is your real point? Please explain.

bluebayou

Jan 26, 2010
You are speaking of course about the civilian women pilots. Much different than military pilots. They basically delivered aircraft during the war. But, I'll give you an "A" for effort just the same.

Just don't know when to quit, do you? WASPS stands for WOMEN AIRFORCE SERVICE as in military, not civilians....you must be thinking of the CCC civilian conservation corps. Good try, but you're still on the wrong page!
Like I said, better go back and do some reading up on what you already have shown us you don't know.

May 5, 2007
I don't know if you are using Google or speak from lack of knowledge, but Female pilots, though they flew front line birds, flew them across the oceans and operated in dam+ near combat conditions were NEVER part of the US armed Forces (WASPS). This was extremely controversial especially when the family of one female pilot killed while ferrying a plane to England was killed. the Department of the army not only refused her any type of military honors or funeral, they would not allow an American Flag on her casket

What your agenda is remains a mystery, what is not a mystery is your utter lack of US Military knowledge or understanding

You apparently knew Catcher was male as opposed to female, though I seldom agree with Catcher's philosophy as a US Citizen I had no trouble referencing his comments about "WASP's in New England (Original settlers) as meaning White Anglo Saxon Protestant, though you seem to have yet to understand that

Just don't know when to quit, do you? WASPS stands for WOMEN AIRFORCE SERVICE as in military, not civilians....you must be thinking of the CCC civilian conservation corps. Good try, but you're still on the wrong page!
Like I said, better go back and do some reading up on what you already have shown us you don't know.

May 5, 2007
Did you read the article? Did you read the part saying something like "now that their work for the relief efforts is primarily OVER, they have been using EXTRA time to prepare for their next deployment? Would You prefer as a US Citizen that these troops sit on their tails instead of practicing skills they will soon need in combat? Do you really think they were sent to Haiti to learn cleaning their rifles?

How can you turn that into your original comment of the PRIMARY mission of US troops was to prepare for Afghanistan?

The type of training they are doing could easily be accomplished at almost any MCD or USA Camp in the US, they re "practicing" cleaning M-4's, guarding perimeters etc., not a WW II practice of "hitting the beach" Not that this tactic is not only seldom used anymore, Haiti hardly compares to the Mountains and caves of Afghanistan or similar terrain training, they would use the Army's Ft Irwin or similar

Marines in Haiti training for Afghanistan | Stars and Stripes

Did the homework for all you non believers...hehe
As requested.....the original story from S and S.
Eat your hearts out, and have a nice night.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
getting them ready for Afghanistan rather than rendering services to the earthquake victims in Haiti.

Now that the link was finally posted i see the article says that relief efforts were winding down and they had jacksh!t to do. Would you rather see them getting drunk, shooting up the place and " helping themselves " to all the $2 hookers they could find?

If this disaster never happened they would be training at a US base in better conditions. This trip to Haiti was a detour for these soldiers and no matter where they are they need to train or be killed.

I know. Bush is a war monger. 9/11 was one big plot by Bush to have a reason to blow up Iraq. Waterboarding is bad. Obama is the 2nd coming of Christ. Blah, blah, blah. I will send in my tax check next week and not b!tch about it because i know the US Army will be well trained to protect my fat American a$$.

Also, i do think BlueBoy needs a spa day at La Passions in Sosua to relieve some tension.

Reactions: Tamborista

RUBIO4U

Apr 1, 2008
ALL YOU ANTI AMERICAN CLOWNS CRACK ME UP. The next time one of your countries experiences something horrible like an invasion from a neighboring country. Should I refer to history. Perhaps, natural disasters...who's name is on those boxes of aid? It is NOT your country. Everybody hates America until it comes time for the idiots of the world to come running to everyone's aid. I agree with you, the US should stay out of your business. So, with that written, when one country starts dropping bombs on your cities or invading your borders? Put one of those rubber "H's" on your chest and handle it. I don't agree or support everything the US does, but you guys are a bunch of jealous and hating morons. Don't worry, the USA is being destroyed very quickly by "your" comrade. Than you can fend for yourselves...oh dear...... what do you do now? Handle it.....

Reactions: Celt202