Venezuelan invasion of DR ???

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Hey Moderator isn't this a race forum discussion ? Aren't you going to close it like you close other legitimate posts, being as you are the Thought Police Person.

*That's it ... 'no more soup for you'

Chico bill, You have to understand that being a moderator is not easy. As a mod you have to be able to judge, be just and keep us honest and on track. I remember a couple of years ago a mod try to close a thread on me when we had over 400 hits and lots of comments. I was able to successfully argue to not close it

Any event ... Venezuelans are all over. My mom tells me there a few of them selling food and cloths on the streets in the barrio. We got to give them credit for trying. There are a few Colombians too. *So let's not discriminate.... Haitians Colombians Venezuelans Brits Canadians, among others, deserve a piece of the Dominican dream. Ps - I'm with the moderators... keep racial related stuff out of DR1. We are better than Trump. Jk.

Good night kids.

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
I'd like to weigh in on this: right out of the gate I'll say I'm Dominican. I am opening up a business in Ciudad Colonial ( Zona Colonial ) hopefully this coming week and out of 10 resumes I've gotten, I'd say 7 of them are Venezuelans, matter of fact I am looking to hire at least 1 or 2 venezuelans (no one specifically). I just would like them to be Venezuelans, because they are college educated, speak better spanish...meaning less barrio.'Course the problem is that if one hires a Venezuelan they probably are not gonna stay on the job long, cause they are looking to move up economically (cause they are economic refugees), where as a Dominican is just happy to get a stable job for a few years.

On another note: Venezuelan low lifes are also turning up in the DR, Just a month ago a gang of Venzs. were arrested for holding up restaurants at gun point (Adrian Tropical) sooo, You have to take the good with the bad

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
There are 4 Countries to which the DR and it's people should be welcoming if they chose to migrate here, simply because on other times of more difficulty Dominicans went there by the Thousands ...

Spain, Venezuela, Puerto Rico and United States Of America

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Chico bill, You have to understand that being a moderator is not easy. As a mod you have to be able to judge, be just and keep us honest and on track. I remember a couple of years ago a mod try to close a thread on me when we had over 400 hits and lots of comments. I was able to successfully argue to not close it

Chico Bill, why not repost along the lines of "young women being harassed in Sosua"? I'd say more, but I'm OT for this thread.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I have had fantastic experiences with Venezuelans. I had neighbors who came in the first round of migration in the early 2000's. They came with cash set things up for a comfortable life in Santo Domingo and then chose to spend as much time as possible in Florida. The next waves should have left years ago but stayed and are now in a degraded economic situation below their educational level, class status and financial acumen. Give them 5 years and they will be middle class in the Dominican Republic.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
since when a NATIONALITY is a RACE?

The term racism is frequently and understandably used for xenophobia. Your objection is kind of like my next statement.

There are 4 Countries to which the DR and it's people should be welcoming if they chose to migrate here, simply because on other times of more difficulty Dominicans went there by the Thousands ...

That's only three.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Airgordo forgot Cuba, which is probably the one country where mass Dominican emigration from centuries ago has had the greatest impact. At one point cities such as Camag?ey (then called Puerto Pr?ncipe) received so many Dominican emigrants that more than a third of the city's population was born somewhere in what is now Dominican Republic.

The motives for much of the mass emigrations from the past was the Haitians, or to be more precise the Haitian political and military class and their insistence on wiping out the Dominican people from the face of the earth, of course.

Last edited:

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
The term racism is frequently and understandably used for xenophobia. Your objection is kind of like my next statement.

That's only three.

so why not call red to red and blue to blue? when you say Xenphobia write xenophobia because the term to explain that form of discrimination exists...on Puerto Rico, yes they are not a country but a territory, i should have said SOCIETIES or cultures instead of countries.

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
Airgordo forgot Cuba, which is probably the one country where mass Dominican emigration from centuries ago has had the greatest impact. At one point cities such as Camag?ey (then called Puerto Pr?ncipe) received so many Dominican emigrants that more than a third of the city's population was born somewhere in what is now Dominican Republic.

The motives for much of the mass emigrations from the past was the Haitians, or to be more precise the Haitian political and military class and their insistence on wiping out the Dominican people from the face of the earth, of course.

Indeed!!! you are VERY right!! Cuba as well

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Well there a quite a lot in the netherlands on welfare...with of course a ladies' Side-job

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I'm curious, how can you tell that people in a mall are from Venezuela? *Or did you speak with them and ask?
You can tell because of their accent. You hear them talking to each other at the supermarket, or you're at the drugstore and they come by asking for a product.

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
Well there a quite a lot in the netherlands on welfare...with of course a ladies' Side-job

How much is "a lot" for some people 1 person is A LOT...so until I get those numbers and compare to spain for example I would not even comment...on the welfare of that country is not the Domincans FAULT or anybody there to have a such crappy system that people from across the globe can abuse it.

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
So is the deportation that occurred to Haitians happening to this wave of migrants?

What deportation? LOL...the Numbers of Haitians here are of EPIC proportions compared to anything else that comes, therefore the effort should be placed on them.