VETERANS IWELLNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
Please help!!!! Hope I'm posting this in the right forum! I live here in Santiago for 5 years now. I am pretty computer illiterate but read the forums daily.....I am a US military veteran and applied for further compensation from the VA for my disabilities. I have received an examination appointment at the IWELLNESS Center on Autopista Duarte with a Dr. Robinson Collado......Question is; has anyone been there?, does anyone know of Dr. Collado.... my Spanish is about the same as my computer skills. I do have help to get me around but I've never heard of this place.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Copied my response from other thread:

Hi. I'm a USMC Vietnam Vet living in Boca Chica.

I found this by searching:

Contact Clínica doctor Collado
Phone:
(809) 573-1836
Address
Santiago De Los Caballeros 51000, Dominican Republic
Santiago de los Caballeros, Santiago Province (Dominican Republic)
Get Directions

I can't tell if this is the right guy or not. But at least you can call and find out.

Edit: I searched on the Iwellness center and came up with this.

1. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

Autopista Duarte KM 7 1/2, #56, Canabacoa, Santiago, Dominican Republic
Email
info@iwellnessvetcenter.com
Phone
829-895-6930

Any taxista muchacho will be able to find it.

If you need more help, let me know. You can PM me for phone #

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
Awesome, thanks guys. My appointment is on the 27th; I'll keep you posted.
UPDATE..... Before I comment on my visit, let me explain a little. After serving in Iraq we were asked about Burn Pit Exposure during debriefing; of course we said what they wanted to hear so that we could get home asap. Some years later (can't remember) the VA sent out information and the option to sign up in The Burn Pit Registry if you were exposed and having symptoms such as sinusitis, rhinitis or respiratory problems. I signed immediately and as of 21 August 2021 the VA has begun processing claims.
I made my appointment for my "examination "at the Iwellness Center.. Place was great; modern, well furnished. No waiting; was sitting in front of the doctor in less than five minutes. He asked why I was there, described burn pits to him, he asked my symptoms, I explained, he asked about any meds I was taking, showed him what I was taking purchased here in DR , showed him documentation from doctors here in DR , he took photos of documents. He offered to be my primary care physician and offered free meds if I could prove that the VA had prescribed to me in the past as well as any help with claims and paperwork. In and out in less than 20 minutes. Talking only. What happens now??? I guess he will send his report to the VA. I'll keep you posted.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Being naturally skeptical, I would encourage anyone considering using this service call the VA and see if this group is authorized to use your id info.

Reactions: OldSkool

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
Being naturally skeptical, I would encourage anyone considering using this service call the VA and see if this group is authorized to use your id info.
Skeptical is always good! I made my initial claim with the VA in August, soon after I was contacted by email and telephone by Veterans Evaluation Services.... so far all seems legit. I shall wait now for a response from the VA.

Reactions: OldSkool

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
UPDATE:
The IWELLNESS center really does work. The doctor there said that he would send his report to the VA on Friday the 29th of OCT. I got an email from the Army pay system stating that there has been a change to my pay. I opened my account an noticed that my VA pay amount said $0.00!!!! Nervously I went to the VA website to check my records and found that my disability rating changed from 40% to 80%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could hardly believe it so to be sure I called the VA and after several hours I spoke to a rep who confirmed the change.
I hope this helps all other vets here in the D.R. . Please pass on to all that you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.