Video of the Police Robbing People at a Caf?

Jul 4, 2010
Exactly what all the ones without a foot in the DR say about the Dominican Police....

I'm Dominican, and live in Las Lomas de Azua. I know all the local police personally, and there's little good I can say about any of them. They're all corrupt, and practically all the population of the region shares the same judgment. It so happens that the police here is complicit, in cahoots with the criminal elements. No one dares report drug dealers because police are in the protection racket. Police extort and use their authority to get away with anything, including murder.

ab2000

Nov 7, 2010
Any updates so far?

Our friends wanted to visit this country for the holiday season and to drive by in a rented car a little bit. They are a bit concerned now.

Please respond any1 in the know.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Any updates so far?

Our friends wanted to visit this country for the holiday season and to drive by in a rented car a little bit. They are a bit concerned now.

Please respond any1 in the know.
I wouldn't worry about this if I were them.

These are isolated events, plus it happened in Villa Juana, a ghetto neighborhood.

If there's anything they should be concerned with is the possibility of getting a flat tire.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
OK...rumor in Cotui is this was a killing for hire.

Here's the true story behind all this. The Dutchman fell in love with a Dominican woman from Cotui...You know one of those who moved to Europe to work in the trade. So he moved to Cotui with her and proceeded to spend pretty much all his fortune on her (bought her a huge house, brand new high end SUV's, etc). Once he's almost broke she dumped him...actually moved him to this house where he was killed, while she and her driver (whom everyone around town knows is sleeping with her) enjoy this poor guy's fortune. This is all fact. I know this because I've actually met some of the involved parties and know some of their relatives.

Now the RUMOR around town is that the wife hired these guys (which weren't nice guys) and moved them to the lower level of the house (below where the Dutchman lived). She then pays off the cops to go in and execute the Dutchman with the pretext that they were there to arrest these bad guys who lived downstairs and that he just got caught up in the cross fire. How much truth there is on that whole scenario I'm not sure, but having met this woman before....well...Not sure if this Pichardo's MC from above.

Bottom line is she now has all of his money and I don't see this investigation going too far as the "shooting exchange" involved cops.