Vimenpaq troubles

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
At this moment I am in the country and ordered some items on Amazon to let them be delivered to Rio San Juan. Two or three packages are already in the country since feb 20 and still not in RSJ.
I mailed two times. No answer.
Anybody know something about the problems or has the same experience?

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
At this moment I am in the country and ordered some items on Amazon to let them be delivered to Rio San Juan. Two or three packages are already in the country since feb 20 and still not in RSJ.
This happens all the time with Big Forwarders like CPS, Vimenpaq etc. If you live in Santo Domingo, there are plenty of small and new companies that really care about their clients and deliver exrtremely fast. In your Situation (living in Rio San Juan) you have not much choice. What i do recomend (only if you can accept not getting the items yet) ; Insist on having them returned by vimenpaq to the Shipper in the US. They need to get pretty high up in the leadership of the company to get this approved (or not). There is a slight change that the provide you a better service afterwards. Normally i would sugest that you leave a 1 Star Review at Google but Vimenpaq disabled this function a long time ago (wonder why LOL). one more thing.... In case you opt for receiving them (one day) don't you dare to pay for it. !!!

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
This happens all the time with Big Forwarders like CPS, Vimenpaq etc. If you live in Santo Domingo, there are plenty of small and new companies that really care about their clients and deliver exrtremely fast. In your Situation (living in Rio San Juan) you have not much choice.

Based on what I have read on this forum, I would not say this is what happens "all the time" with the couriers, but anyone feel free to point me wrong as well. One example is Domex, which has been praised on this forum many times, and they even have their office in RSJ... BMCargo does not, closest would be in Sosua, but still delivery times are definitely not long, as far as I have seen...

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I don't have any experience with Vimenpaq, but with other forwarder. But have you tried calling? Have you visited the local office to ask them what's going on? Do they have a "dashboard" where you can see where the packages are located right now? If you do, I would do what I just wrote, call their "main" office or go visit their local office. I had a bad experience with the forwarder that I've been using for the past few years, and when I started going to the local office and made it "difficult" to them was when the issue started getting resolved.

Reactions: Buck

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I haven’t experienced this before and I have been using them since 2016.
Right now my wife is in RSJ and she will ask kindly (always the best approach here) what is happening.
Is someone using Blumbox? They deliver at home in the GH/RSJ Area as well.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Right now my wife is in RSJ and she will ask kindly (always the best approach here) what is happening.
What is the latest status of the packages involved? Does it show that they are in the couriers warehouse or in customs or somewhere else?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Is someone using Blumbox? They deliver at home in the GH/RSJ Area as well.

What do you have against using Domex?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Nothing. I never saw them in RSJ. 🙏🏻

Río San Juan

Calle Mella no 11, Esq. Padre Billini, Rio San Juan, 56000,
María Trinidad Sánchez, RD.

809-589-2228

riosanjuan@domex.com.do

Horario:
Lunes a viernes: 9:00 a.m. a 6:00 p.m.
Sábados: 9:00 a.m. a 1:00 p.m.”
Go with them, and they'll deliver to your house for free.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
It says en ruta para entregar.
If that is the current status, I would say something is off... I would understand if the package was left in the warehouse by accident or if it was stuck in customs, but for me that means that a driver scanned it once and nothing further took place. It could also be that it would have indeed arrived to RSJ Vimenpaq but nobody knows it's there if the driver forgot to mark it as delivered...

I would definitely call them and ask for an explanation. Then again, if they do not answer to your emails, I would consider changing...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think all the carriers have their problems but none more than the US Postal Service - who can't seem to track a fly on the end of their nose

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I think all the carriers have their problems but none more than the US Postal Service - who can't seem to track a fly on the end of their nose
That hasn't been my experience at all.

If a parcel/package has a tracking number, they will notify you at least 4-5 times every day with a status update.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I order from Amazon every month....And use Aero pac...Pay a little more but never a problem in years, and they will deliver to my house..........

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That hasn't been my experience at all.

If a parcel/package has a tracking number, they will notify you at least 4-5 times every day with a status update.
Yes until they lose it. Which has happened to me twice in 2024.
I actually get one package after I was refunded and reordered, which the USPS still calls 'In transit, arriving late'

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
One extra clear but kind mail or because of this topic and all the packages were in RSJ yesterday.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Im with Blumbox in sosua and lately I have been having the same problem. Tracking says its on the way to the final destination. Then it takes up to 4 days to be available. I went in once looking for my package before they say its ready and the store was filled with bags of packages. Since it was more than will fill a pickup truck I am assuming that 2 or three days packages have been accumulating at a previous outlet and then brought to sosua. Usually when it says its on the way it arrives in the same day, late afternoon.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If it's a USPS tracking number, they report it as delivered when the package is given to the Contractor who makes the actual delivery.

That can easily add 5-7 days to the actual delivery. SOP for USPS.

• Angry