Visa from UK to Spain for a Dominican

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
My husbands here on a spouse visa and we would really like to go on holiday - to Spain probably so its one of the Shengen countries, what do we need to do before we go in regards to getting a Shengen visa? Any information would be much appreciated.

Kate

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It is a Schengen country, and he'd have to apply at the Spanish consulate. I would guess that his visa status in the UK would work in his favour. Check with them by phone first, and find out whether you have to go to London or whether there is another visa issuing body in the north.

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
It is a Schengen country, and he'd have to apply at the Spanish consulate. I would guess that his visa status in the UK would work in his favour. Check with them by phone first, and find out whether you have to go to London or whether there is another visa issuing body in the north.

Thanks, I did try calling the Spanish Consulate about a montha go and they were extremely unhelpful and didn't tell me anything, I have also tried emailing them but had no reply...I will keep trying then and hopefully we can go on hols!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I can't say I'm surprised... our experience with them was not that great either. I hope this has improved, but in London you had to get there as early as possible and stand in line for hours out on the street and if you weren't seen by a certain time you had to try again the next day. It may be worth trying another country's consulate because then the visa would be valid for all the Schengen countries, but you may have to travel to that country first - see if you can confirm this. Maybe Portugal?

In the end my husband got his visa here in Santo Domingo.

funckytown

Apr 17, 2005
Wiesbaden, Germany, Germany
where is who?

Hi
so we have a husband and a wife...
H n W
nationality of H
nationality of W
where lives H
where lives W

So if they both are in UK, to goto spain, they have to go to one shengen country and ask a visa, which should be delivered immediately.
of course... it might take hours in the street....

is H or W not in UK?
kind regards,
jl f

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Both are in the UK. Wife is British, husband is Dominican with a spouse visa in the UK.

funckytown

Apr 17, 2005
Wiesbaden, Germany, Germany
SPOUSE visa

Hi,
is it a reunion familly VISA? like?

I am luxmbg, and wife dominican with shengen passport,
unlike switzerland where you need an invitation
for UK you need a VISA from shengen

and I suppose a VISA for SHENGEN from the UK

where finally did he get it in santo domingo, @ spain, UK, portugal?

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hi Kate

Hi Kate

You need to apply at the Spanish Consulate, unless you decide to enter another schengen country prior to your visit to Spain ;) ;) i.e I've heard the other consulates are of more help... Germany / France. Maybe you could whizz a quick day trip to one of these prior to your visit to Spain! The visa is usually for 6 months. I've not had information about obtaining a Schengen from one country and entering another schengen country as a first point, so I couldn't advise.

Good luck,let us know how you get on

I've been told that they are really easy and FREE to spouses of European citizens which includes the UK. Basically need to prove accomodation, funds to support trip and reason to return... ie a job here in the UK

Hope this helps

x

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Fantastic information thanks for your help! We'll get onto it - probably not looking at going now until early next year but the information means we can plan for things - like if he wants to whisk me off for a weekend in Paris or something like that ;)

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Still not managed to get a Schengen visa - we ae now planning a trip to Manchester as this seems to be the one to go to if you live in the North of England. We have found out it is definitely free - some people have told us we can apply by post but not so sure about that.

My parents are moving to Spain next year and we would quite like to go with them but we cannot find any information on whether or not this is possible for us. Just to remind you all - I am British, my husband is Dominican and he is here at the moment on a spouse visa which runs until May 2009. We are trying to work out the best time to go if we can go at all - we don't want to pay the money for the ILR here and then more for a Spanish visa but also we don't want to mess anything up. It's all very complicated - we have tried to contact every emabssy we can think of for informaton but are not getting very good replies. A friend of ours in Spain looked in an employment law book and as he is married to a British citizen he has the same rights to work in Spain as I do but its the getting there and living there we can't seem to find anything out about!

So if anybody can help at all we would be very grateful!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
A friend of mine is British, married to Dominican, she has just got Schengen visa for spain for husband. She said it was very easy. pm me your email and I'll put you in touch with her.

Matilda