Visitadores Medicos in DR

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
sounds like an interesting line of work to get oneself involved in post college. especially if it works out for someone and to be able to rake in the kind of money mentioned here in this thread.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
An Rx "detail man" in the US needs to actually understand molecular formulas and have a pretty decent understanding of pharmacology and drug interactions. I realize the education prerequisites might be a little less stringent in DR, I would assume some sort of a science background, such as Intro Biochem and Pharmacology might be required in addition to a pressed suit!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
An Rx "detail man" in the US needs to actually understand molecular formulas and have a pretty decent understanding of pharmacology and drug interactions. I realize the education prerequisites might be a little less stringent in DR, I would assume some sort of a science background, such as Intro Biochem and Pharmacology might be required in addition to a pressed suit!

No Tambo. ANYONE with a bachelors can become a rep at ANY company. All you need is to have the mind for selling. After that, training is given by each company with each product.

Jaime - usually min starts at 45K, bonus (usually range 15-30K a year) free car (all expenses i.e. gas, maint, and ins) great benefits and additional expenses paid.

BTW - the salary El Tigre was talking about was 60K PESOS - not Dolares!!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey TALLDRINK! :)
the salary minimums you are talking about is this ALL in pesos? if so thats not THAT BAD for someone living in DR! i wouldnt mind it...granted if it came with all those perks, car, gas, ins, benefits! LOL

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
The salaries I spoke about are in DOLLARS.

El Tigre - was your friend in DR or in the States?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
The salaries I spoke about are in DOLLARS.

El Tigre - was your friend in DR or in the States?

My friend was in the DR. She lived in Santiago and covered the entire North Region from Puerto Plata all the way to Nagua.

Se?or_Jimenez

Mar 2, 2006
I spoke to a cousin of mine about this, he doesn't work as one himself but knows people who do. They can easily make $30,000 pesos per month if they have minimal sales skills. The better they are and the more they sell, their salaries can get past the $100,000 peso mark. There are numerous pharmaceutical companies scattered in DR mostly all in La Capital like Alcon Dominicana, SUED FARMACEUTICA, Bayer, etc....

You work going from office to office selling. As mentioned in the above posts you can "borrow samples without reporting them," and make extra money on the side. You set your own schedule and if for example you're selling LA PELA pills, you sell a bunch to the Urologist, you take three or four yourself and then you bang his receptionist for lunch when you close the deal with the doctor. Then at 3PM you go sell some more.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
you take three or four yourself and then you bang his receptionist for lunch when you close the deal with the doctor. Then at 3PM you go sell some more.

hahahaha, this is true and I know a few of them too. They love their work.
AZB

BADDBOYY1

May 24, 2008
I Need To Know More

Can Some One Please Tell Me More About A Pill Call Lapela And What Is The Hp All About? And Also Where Can I Get It.