VooDoo Lounge

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
There are 7-10 Ruskies that go there and sometimes make quite the scene dancing on tables upstairs. Different crews every month since I think they fly them in and out. No superstars but sometimes fun to watch.

Then you will get a couple of Dominican gals who sometimes start dancing on the tables on the other side of the room. Kind of like a dance off. No Ruskies can dance like Dominicans but sometimes they get a cool hair thing going with hair flying all over the place.

I believe it is 1000 US a day and you can have 1 or all of them all day long. I guess that would be depending on your stamina. I get a kick out of their clients also. What a hoot, these guys think that they are on top of the world. Who said money can't buy you happiness? Heck ask Birdlady:)

SosuaMama

Jul 8, 2004
There were a few Russian brawds at Voodoo dancing up a storm....beautiful girls but holy F*ck they were as arrogant as they come.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
who in their right mind would pay $1,000 US for a screw? And why would the russians come to Sosua ? They definetly aren't getting the locals to pay that much.

SosuaMama

Jul 8, 2004
The guys that were with these girls were not Dominican.They were older,very unattractive men.I could tell right away that these men did not travel to Sosua with them.I remember Aaron was bartending that night and the girls were extremely rude to him for no good reason.

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
Its Ok

SosuaMama said:
Hey People,
Has anyone been to VooDoo Lounge in Sosua?If so,what are your thoughts on the bar,and the staff??

I passed through Voodoo Lounge late june / early july of this year. I met the owner of the place who is from Vancouver. He has a Voodoo Lounge club there as well. I was charged $100RD for a small beer. The music wasnt bad, more euro than i prefer, but not bad. That being said, I had a lot more fun in D'Latinos and D'Classico. Some nights, Voodoo was a ghost town and the other clubs were jumping. Just my observation.

SosuaMama

Jul 8, 2004
I agree.....Voodoo is a ghost town at times.I also enjoyed nights out at Classico and Latino's(sp?) but the staff at Voodoo are great.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Why are you guys getting charged so much?

They knew I was not Dominican when I went there. I have no VIP card, nor whatever. I was charged much less than what is being quoted here for my drinks.

Presidente (pequeno) - RD$45 each
Cuba Libre/Santa Libre - RD$60 each

I will say this, as well, while not as swanky as the Voodoo Lounge, Rockys is a great warm-up place in Sosua. Cheap, ice-cold Presidente and cuba libres. Great friendly atmosphere with the staff and the other guests. Deserving of a plug here and there.

...and if plugging on your agenda as well, the bar next to Rockys provides other options....

jonfromva

Jan 28, 2003
La Roca

I was down there for 4 and1/2 months out of 6 months last year and when I first got there at La Roca(which sits across from the Voodoo Lounge ahem)they would always roll out the chalk board and thats what I paid whenever I went there the first 2 weeks of my trip.Then I heard about the members menu and even though they pulled the chauk board out a few more times it did finally get to the point when we would eat there they just gave me the members menu without wasting thier time bringing that board out.That being said La Roca and Rockys were the best places to eat in Sosua at that time and I dont believe Rockys has any thing like this(I could be wrong how bout it Marco)as there price were always quite reasonable and as you say always a nice place to hang out have a few beers and bother Ted lol-Jon

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
Gringo Rate

toneloc24 said:
They knew I was not Dominican when I went there. I have no VIP card, nor whatever. I was charged much less than what is being quoted here for my drinks.

I will say this, as well, while not as swanky as the Voodoo Lounge, Rockys is a great warm-up place in Sosua. Cheap, ice-cold Presidente and cuba libres. Great friendly atmosphere with the staff and the other guests. Deserving of a plug here and there.

...and if plugging on your agenda as well, the bar next to Rockys provides other options....

I can only assume I was being charged the gringo rate. Rest assured I didnt make that place a regular watering hole. My warm-up bar was Plaza Sosua (next to the Europa). I only paid $40RD for a beer there. When I finally located Rockys (my second week), I made that my breakfast spot. Thank god I found it because I was getting tired of PJ's. The food at Rockys was very good, and the prices were great, but if you were in a hurry, that's not the spot to go.

The first time I went there, I met the owner. He came by to assist the waitress in taking the orders as she was not to fluent in spanglish. I dont think that black dog he has tied up in there understands english too well either. The animal only went away when I spoke spanish to it.

There was a bit of a mosquito situation going on in there. The last day I was there, the joint was getting sprayed, hopefully that took care of the blood sucking little buggers.

I will definately go back to Rockys the next time Im down there. Not only was the food good but the internet access fee's were the cheapest around.

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
Other Option

SosuaMama said:
I agree.....Voodoo is a ghost town at times.I also enjoyed nights out at Classico and Latino's(sp?) but the staff at Voodoo are great.

High Caribbean is another club worth visiting. I was there for the Grand Reopening. I met the owner there who informed me he also owns PJ's restaurant and supermecado.

He put im in the VIP section where there is a $400RD/per person minimum drink order. The remodeling was nice. He put in some go-go cages for the girls to dance in.

The place was pleasing to the eye but here again, I had more fun in D'Latinos and D'Classico.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sylvester said:
The place was pleasing to the eye but here again, I had more fun in D'Latinos and D'Classico.

I've been to all the other places mentioned but where is D'Classico ?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Anna Coniglio said:
I've been to all the other places mentioned but where is D'Classico ?
New place on top of the Merenge Bar. Hooker disco on top of hooker bar. I love the place! Nice place to get groped for the evening.

I was just standing there one evening and it was real crowded and I thought this woman was doing surgery (you know like tying my tubes or something) on me she was so busy! I liked it though.

Escott

Sukie

Jun 26, 2002
"Average" Price for a drink

toneloc24 said:

What's the going price for a drink? How much can I expect to be charged for a beer (domestic) or a mixed drink (say rum & 7-up)? I'm fluent in Spanish and may even be able to pull off a Dominican accent. Pls. advise.