Voodoo

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Nal0whs said:
This is a very debatable issue.
This is not a debatable issue. You need facts to donduct a debate. There are not facts regarding leviataiton or telekinesis
Nal0whs said:
However, I believe in giving something the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise:...
Then you must believe in the Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, Aliens, and superheroes.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but it annoys me to hear intelligent people accept such rubbish as fact.

Now back to Voodoo; the religion, not the economic policy.:)

Sep 19, 2005
Robert said:
Please put down the crack pipe!

Can you please direct me to some resource that is valid and factual for information on human levitation. David Blaine's website and accounts of demonic possession by my next door neighbor don't count :)

so to clarify, your neighbor possessed the devil, or the devil possessed your neighbor? And was that before or after he came down to Georgia with AZB?????

bob

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
The person who had the experience is not easily fooled, does not believe in any supernatural matters, AND he has experience with hallucenogens and would have told me if he suspected that. He was not part of the voodoo ceremony but was an observer.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
rellosk said:
Then you must believe in the Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, Aliens, and superheroes.
Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Aliens and super heroes are not real??????:cry:

-NAL:classic: :classic:

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Conchman said:
The person who had the experience is not easily fooled, does not believe in any supernatural matters, AND he has experience with hallucenogens and would have told me if he suspected that. He was not part of the voodoo ceremony but was an observer.
You still didn't say exactly what happened.

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
"There is more in heaven and earth, Horatio, than is dreamt of in your philosophy." - William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act 1 scene 5

A simple quote that means so much to me. If anybody has read some of my past posts on these topics you will see I despise people who state everything that goes bad in their life is due to brujeria or the supernatural but I am mature enough to say there are things in this world which we cannot explain. I do think some of these things exist and I find it funny how some people might make fun of people who believe in witchcraft yet they believe 2,000 years ago a man resurrected and went into heaven! I do not understand why Americans believe in such things that sound out of this world (scientology) yet completely laugh at beliefs of people from 3rd world countries. In my young life I have had things happened to me which cannot be explained by the church nor science therefore I have been on a few quests to find out the truth, I have read a few books, seen a few documentaries, and it is my belief that yes there could be some truth to these religions.
We must remember all our concepts are shaped by our society for example reincarnation, did you know the Catholic cult/religion DID believe in reincarnation until (I believe) the Council of Chalcedon, when the church outlawed the belief because it would contradict with Jesus divinity and declared it paganistic. What I am trying to say our views against these religions are because they are different even though they are older than Christanity, Islam and Judism (and still survive to these days!), they were given a negative sterotype and today we still believe it. I just know deep down through my personal experience these major religions are hiding many things from the public, for prophets still are amoung us, we just do not listen.

Peace,
Capo

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
You make some sense to me capodominicano

capodominicano said:
"There is more in heaven and earth, Horatio, than is dreamt of in your philosophy." - William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act 1 scene 5

A simple quote that means so much to me. If anybody has read some of my past posts on these topics you will see I despise people who state everything that goes bad in their life is due to brujeria or the supernatural but I am mature enough to say there are things in this world which we cannot explain. I do think some of these things exist and I find it funny how some people might make fun of people who believe in witchcraft yet they believe 2,000 years ago a man resurrected and went into heaven! I do not understand why Americans believe in such things that sound out of this world (scientology) yet completely laugh at beliefs of people from 3rd world countries. In my young life I have had things happened to me which cannot be explained by the church nor science therefore I have been on a few quests to find out the truth, I have read a few books, seen a few documentaries, and it is my belief that yes there could be some truth to these religions.
We must remember all our concepts are shaped by our society for example reincarnation, did you know the Catholic cult/religion DID believe in reincarnation until (I believe) the Council of Chalcedon, when the church outlawed the belief because it would contradict with Jesus divinity and declared it paganistic. What I am trying to say our views against these religions are because they are different even though they are older than Christanity, Islam and Judism (and still survive to these days!), they were given a negative sterotype and today we still believe it. I just know deep down through my personal experience these major religions are hiding many things from the public, for prophets still are amoung us, we just do not listen.

Peace,
Capo

You make a lot more sense than any of the Catholic upbringing I had forced upon me and took a half life time to rid myself off.

Kiwi Bruce

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Here is the story

After hearing the story a few times verbally, I got my buddy to put it in writing. Sorry for the crude translation but I had to change it from German/English mix-mash to English (we both speak English and German).

"It was 1994 when I was living in Juan Dolio I met this dude Hugo and we started drinking with Mark from Mexico, my Partner, was with me and we started to make fun about the voodoo. It went so far that Hugo jumped on the Table and said lets give these Boys a lesson they never forget.It was true I will never forget this chit in my Life.

The next day we was supposed to not eat the whole day and only drink water to stay pure it was Hard to do but to see the Devil we can try it . we meet at 7 pm in Juan Dolio and went with the Car to Ramon Santana this is a small village more or less 10 minutes from San Pedro we let the car in the street and walked trough a Haitian camp. Here it started to get scary - from each corner came a Dark black head out .at this moment I wish I hade a gun with me.

We walked till the end to a house there where candles all over and it looked like small graves on the way. we went in this wood house and to not look scared I try to make a joke but it doesn?t work there was a smell in the air I never smelled before. It started to get uncomfortable as we never been in a voodoo Church and I don?t know it was the smell Hugo?s eyes started to shine and damn I was scared Marc didn?t say any think the whole time. And now Hugo started to laugh about us how scared we were and he said now we go hard core and we try to laugh it off. I had the feeling in me to destroy the whole house and run away. we been sitting on old wood chairs and on the floor was a big David star scratched in to the cement. with number signs and lines . A Haitian Lady came out of the other room you could tell and feel she hade an aura and when she saluted Hugo you felt there was something around here.

we hade not had anything to eat or drink anything till this point. Hugo and the women she was the voodoo priestess for this area knowing each other for long time and started to talk and to laugh but I could not understand it because it was Creole or something. me and Marc were cool like we just to be there and there was another guy in the house he offered us some water. we where so nervous and we didn?t know how to answer but Hugo laughed and said its only water. I didn?t trust the situation and I had a bad feeling that I couldn?t shake. We started to discuss the history of Voodoo and that there are certain traditional customs that came from Africa 500 years ago. He said that Voodoo has nothing to do with Horror and everything sounded harmless.

We moved the table to the side and sat on the floor and the priest?s assistant started to place candles everywhere in lines while humming some weird sound. I started feeling like I was in a movie. The smell in the air became more intense and the woman priest came in with a burning tree branch that was tied together and it became smoky in the room. Hugo and the priestess?s assistant started to mumble silly stuff that we couldn?t understand, apparently it was some voodoo prayer. The room was full of smoke but we could see the priestess and she gave us a candle in our hand and she was talking very softly.

I started getting very hot and I began to sweat like a pig. The priestess had a big wrap and with both hands, as fast as I could look, she made it into a turban with the two ends hanging out on her left and right side. All of a sudden my candle lit up and she grabbed into the flame and the light was gone and she took the hand away and the candle lit up again. I said to myself good trick but I noticed there was something in the air and I started to tremble and dropped the candle."

end part I

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
start part II

"At this moment the door opened and there was this big commotion but I didn?t feel like getting up to look. To this day I cannot explain the type of smoke in the air nor the odd feeling I had but it was something like I never felt before, like another sense or something.

Another woman entered the hut with a small child in her arms and she was crying. The child was not moving and the priestess took the child by the feet with the head down and I started to think what the heck is going on now, are they going to sacrifice a child or something but they dipped the child into a bowl of ash three or four times and she was mumbling funny stuff again. The child began to scream and after 3 minutes everyone looked happy.

Then Hugo brought a goat into the hut and the assistant came in with a young dog and I thought oh now what. Will it be a dog fight or against a goat I was curious. In the meantime I am full of sweat and I was trembling uncontrollable on my whole body. The priestess went to Mark and gave him a sip from a dirty bottle and then she came to me to hold my hand which was cold as ice and I noticed how warm her hand was. At this moment I would have drank anything so I took a sip from the bottle.

Whatever it was it had no taste and the assistant began to sing and dance like crazy. I thought they could not choreograph all of this just for us but they looked totally out of it. As I looked at the goat it was standing in the corner of the hut but it didn?t have a head anymore so I thought this was some kind of hallucinogen or something and tried to enjoy it but then I heard voices including the one from my dead girlfriend from Germany. I started getting really scared and nervous. Then I saw the goat running around with the dogs head and I closed my eyes because I wanted out of the room.

Mark jumped up and ran out but the priestess held me down while she whispered or mumbled something in my ear. Then she tied a yellow bandana around my neck. I left the hut and Mark was standing there puking his guts out. We left without saying anything to our car and I didn?t care about anything at this time I just wanted to get out of there. However, Hugo said we have a problem because the priestess didn?t take the trance out of him (Mark). He said I was fine as long as I left the bandana around my neck. Of course I took the bandana off and after 10 seconds I started to throw up all inside the car. The feeling was so bad I thought I was going to die for sure and Hugo said just put the bandana back on. I told him to stop talking chit but he put it on me and within an instant the ill feeling went away. Mark puked all night long. The next day Hugo came by, physically I felt ok but my head felt like mashed potato. I could not think clearly at all for about 3 days. Mark wanted that we drive him to the hospital which we did and the doctor told him he had a stomach bug. Hugo laughed and said to buy a goat for the priestess as a present which we did. We drove to the village to the deliver the goat in a truck and about 30 minutes later Mark felt ok again. Hugo said that this was just a sample of ?our? beliefs.

I can say I don?t want anything to do with this chit ever again, because what I experienced that night I cannot grasp or understand but I saw it with my own two eyes and felt it with my own body. Mark and I agree we will never do this again."

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
You and your partner were obviously taken for a ride. Next time remember not to ingest or inhale anything, and I suggest taking another person along, who stays outside and does not participate in this foolishness (vagabunder?a), for your protection, just in case you lose your senses...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
laurapasinifan said:
I saw a UFO once....bob
Funny you mention that!

I see lots of aliens everyday, everywhere, at all hours!

Aliens, aliens, aliens! And not one of them have any legitimate documentation! :classic:

Phew, scary stuff!

-NAL

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Yeah it seems they are using hallucenogens or psychadelics in voodoo, however it does not explain everything.

If you think its all bullchit, that my friend made this up, you have the right to think that.

If you heard similar stories, I'd like to hear them.

Sep 19, 2005
Nal0whs said:
Funny you mention that!

I see lots of aliens everyday, everywhere, at all hours!

Aliens, aliens, aliens! And not one of them have any legitimate documentation! :classic:

Phew, scary stuff!

-NAL

you live in Arizona?

bob

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Conchman said:
Yeah it seems they are using hallucenogens or psychadelics in voodoo, however it does not explain everything.

If you think its all bullchit, that my friend made this up, you have the right to think that.

If you heard similar stories, I'd like to hear them.
I'm not sure what part of the story is unexplainable. I read the story twice and did not read about anything supernatural that you mentioned in your OP.

What part of the story is supposed to be supernatural?

Papo718

Dec 12, 2005
There many things that man has yet to know in this world. Haiti is one of the rare places that such practices still exist.Making it unique but not all that good because to tell the truth these pratices is basically serving satan and his demons. There is more to this world than meets the eyes. The Bible God's word answers all questions.