Wander Franco searched for at homes by Dominican authorities amid disturbing allegations

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I will still say assuming she was 17 and him 22 that it is quite normal both in the DR and the rest of the world. Nothing to do with education. Even in the most developed countries with the supposedly best education it happens a lot. There is no reason to put down the DR on this. I can think of Danish soccer players just as bad. Sheriff Malko may come after me now though. As an MLB player there were other standards he had to live up to. He could have gone to strip clubs in Florida and it would have been safer. So his career is probably over. Too bad for him. His money will soon run out. He will be Wanker Franko then.
A little known fact were the parents of Juan Pablo Duarte.

I'll let you do the math.

The father was born in Spain in 1768. Moved to the DR (then a Spanish colony) after 1790 but before 1795. He was the godfather of a baby baptised in 1799 in SD.

Get this. The mother was born in El Seibo in 1786. Yep, you read that right but there is more.

Both the father and the mother left SD during Toussaint Loverture invasion which was complete by January 1801. They got married in Mayagüez, Puerto Rico in 1800. Completely miss the invasion of Dessalines in 1805.

Do the math, 2+2 is always 4. Ahem…

Another interesting detail is that they never return while the French were ruling SD, but in 1809 the married couple with kids in tow return to SD after the Reconquista War against the French in 1809 when SD was again ruled by Spain, Boyer invades in 1822 and they didn't leave. Probably age (especially of him) and all their family/kids were in the DR contrary to the invasion of Toussaint.

He witness one of his skn take a leading role in founding the Trinitaria. The family life long created fortune (which was still modest, fortune because most people were broke and they barely weren't but...) is devoted to his son and the Trinitaria for the liberation of the Dominicans. He dies in 1843, the year before the DR became independent. Never saw Dominicans take charge of their destiny again and, perhaps more important, never saw the treason against his family when Pedro Santana, the DR's first president, expelled the entire family from the DR. Each and every single one of left for Venezuela with one of his son's (not Juan Pablo Duarte) was so affected by this that he literally became insane but one thing never forgot was his swear to never return to SD. Years later another DR government undid what was done by Santana, but he was crazy but adamant he would never return to "that land of ingrates." Thus, the rest of the living Duarte family was ready to leave Venezuela wnd return to SD, but because of his adamant desire to step again on Dominican soil and their desire not the break up the family, they decided to pass on the DR government offer and stay in Venezuela. They all died near Caracas.

I think had the father not died in 1843, he definitely would had died from something after the expulsion of the entire family. The family's fortune was devoted entirely to the creation of the DR and much of that was his own creation since a young man. As far as I can tell, the Duarte were the only family to put everything they ownee on the line to create the DR only to be expelled by the first president. Ouch!

Reactions: jd426

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I think you posted this in the wrong thread, Nals.
Didn't Wander got in trouble because he had sex with a minor? Isn't one of the discussions in the thread of many Dominican adult men having relations with underage girls that can be the daughters of anyone here?

Had he been alive at the time of José Duarte, there was nothing to get in trouble for. Now, the girls Wander had things with, were they at or younger than 14 years old? Because that's how old was Juan Pablo Duarte's mother when she got married to a 32 year old man that was his father. A difference of 18 years in that couple. I wonder if he married her after getting her pregnant with Juan Pablo Duarte's oldest brother... She had him while she wasn't 18 yet...

Imagine being the father of a girl that marries and begins having children when she herself is not an adult yet and by a man who already was in his 30's.

Yes, that was a different time, but the DR comes from that. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Reactions: jd426

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

MLB star Wander Franco 'has bank accounts seized in the Dominican Republic' amid dispute with legal team as the Rays shortstop stands accused of having a sexual relationship with a girl, 14, and paying off her mother​

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Last edited:
Jan 9, 2004
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...roster-as-investigation-continues-per-report/

If you read the article, he still gets paid $2mil a year while on admin leave. I never knew that.
Yes he will receive his salary this year unless/until he is released for contract violations, i.e., baseballs morality clause.

That decision will likely come in July when/after his scheduled case is heard in the DR, and/or any appeals.

Whatever the outcome, enough evidence exists that even if adjudicated in the DR he will be denied a visa to enter the US.....and that will effectively end his career at least as to playing in the US or any other world teams with MLB affiliation.

He has, or may well redefine, the term Dumbinican.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2