Wander Franco searched for at homes by Dominican authorities amid disturbing allegations

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I will still say assuming she was 17 and him 22 that it is quite normal both in the DR and the rest of the world. Nothing to do with education. Even in the most developed countries with the supposedly best education it happens a lot. There is no reason to put down the DR on this. I can think of Danish soccer players just as bad. Sheriff Malko may come after me now though. As an MLB player there were other standards he had to live up to. He could have gone to strip clubs in Florida and it would have been safer. So his career is probably over. Too bad for him. His money will soon run out. He will be Wanker Franko then.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
If this issue with the young lady keeps him away from the Majors, he could always say, "Por lo menos jugué limpio" (high possiblity he couldn't refer to it as 'sustancias ilícitas', but limpio would do).

If he gets back, there's a 50-50 chance he'll test positive for steroids.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Instead of speculating on the future let's look at what actually DID happen regarding the charges. Start with Puerto Plata where the case is being heard. Two people are involved. Wander and the mother. Both went before the Court on bail. The mother was granted strict house arrest with an ankle bracelet. She can't go anywhere. Wander put up the equivalent of $34,000 US for bail. He can go anywhere in the World as long as he reports once a month. Who got the better treatment? The bail money was like someone buying a Taco for him.

As for MLB he is on suspension but getting paid. And MLB just awarded him $700,000 US for achievements. I would not write this guy off so quickly.............Anything can and most likely will happen here............

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The Rays are obligated to pay him as he was placed on administrative leave. He has not been suspended as of yet. The MLB didn't suspend him at the onset due to the charges against him are in the DR and there were a lot of unknowns about the case at the time. The MLBPA agreed with placing him on administrative leave at the time. I would not be surprised at all if a suspension is in the near future.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
If this issue with the young lady keeps him away from the Majors, he could always say, "Por lo menos jugué limpio" (high possiblity he couldn't refer to it as 'sustancias ilícitas', but limpio would do).

If he gets back, there's a 50-50 chance he'll test positive for steroids.
Ok, now he is on steroids. I guess he is a murderer also

Reactions: Jumbo

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Ok, now he is on steroids. I guess he is a murderer also
No one has accused him of being on steroids.

It goes to show you don't know much 'bout Dominican baseball players, and/or reading comp... or statistics, for that matter.

The Ivys are calling: they want their diploma back.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
He clearly has no concept of money. He felt that having a sexual relationship with a young girl was more important than 184 million dollars.

The girl was even dumber. And the mother? I'll be kind and keep my opinion of her to myself.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
But we still dont know how long this was going on. and how old she is now. and how old she was at the beginning.
If it STARTED just 4 Months ago ( as one Article Claims)
, then YEAGH he is the dumbest Animal in Baseball . and pissed away a fortune.

But If this girl knew him before he was even famous, ( as young as that may have been) then its a totally different story .

Zuckerberg. married his Asian College Sweetheart.. think on that a moment.. Mega Billions and that is the woman he chooses.
I think its definitely relevant...who we choose is our choice.

Reactions: Big

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
He clearly has no concept of money. He felt that having a sexual relationship with a young girl was more important than 184 million dollars.

The girl was even dumber. And the mother? I'll be kind and keep my opinion of her to myself.

ESPN....​

New details on Wander Franco investigation in Dominican Republic​

In July and August, Franco had given the girl 2.7 million pesos (about $46,000) to support herself until college. With it, she bought an iPhone, an iPad, her school uniform, supplies and personal items. Her cousin helped her open a bank account to deposit the remainder, around $37,500.

Franco had furnished the girl's mother with even more money.:oops:The mother's receipt of monthly 100,000-peso payments from Franco -- about $1,700 -- and a new car (a 2023 Suzuki Swift) were discovered by prosecutors during a September raid. Authorities also found $68,500 :eek:in American dollars and another 800,000 pesos ($13,700) in her home.

With all this money that both of them had, why would they want to cut down the money tree that Franco had given them? :unsure:

Reactions: Jumbo and JD Jones

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Not defending him at all but I do not believe everything the girl has said. Clearly there was a relationship and money exchanged. But as for some of the things the girl has said, I am not really believing all of it. He also had a wife or a to be wife while this was going on. One thing though his career IMO in the MLB is over. He knew this would cause a problem if it got out but clearly, he didn't care. Maybe his baseball career just did not mean that much to him. He is from the DR, he knows how people talk, nothing stays a secret for long. SMH...

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017

ESPN....​

New details on Wander Franco investigation in Dominican Republic​

In July and August, Franco had given the girl 2.7 million pesos (about $46,000) to support herself until college. With it, she bought an iPhone, an iPad, her school uniform, supplies and personal items. Her cousin helped her open a bank account to deposit the remainder, around $37,500.

Franco had furnished the girl's mother with even more money.:oops:The mother's receipt of monthly 100,000-peso payments from Franco -- about $1,700 -- and a new car (a 2023 Suzuki Swift) were discovered by prosecutors during a September raid. Authorities also found $68,500 :eek:in American dollars and another 800,000 pesos ($13,700) in her home.

With all this money that both of them had, why would they want to cut down the money tree that Franco had given them? :unsure:
Greedy F**Kers want more .. now they get one sum and done for life.. Put the parents in jail also

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Big

Apr 24, 2019
That one short sentence from the article pretty much tells us all we need to know...doesn't it?
These young players are scouted and graded very early. Not that young but young. I guarantee he was identified as having freakish athletic skills younger than most. It is huge business here and in many countries.The problem for most is that they more often than not get dumped by the scouts quicker than a fastball.I hope he makes it through this. It would be a waste of talent otherwise.