Washing machine Repair- Midea

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
There will be a place but it will probably be very informal. In Santo Domingo washing machines are repaired in the street in Villa Consuelo, you rock up with a broken machine on a truck and they normally fix it the same day (as they fix literally on the street and don't have anywhere to store). My advice is to ask a Dominican, anyone who lives in a barrio will know exactly how to get a machine repaired. You're best to send a Dominican to get the machine repaired to avoid paying Gringo Rates.

Reactions: cavok and Manuel01

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
(809) 541-5202 they are the importers and are located in SD. Maybe they can tell you who to contact in your area.

Reactions: La Profe_1

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
across from caribe tours, air conditioning washer dryer guy fix’s both machines give him a try used him few times for both..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Worth mentioning again that if the machine stops working, look for it on Youtube first to see if there are any how-to videos on how to reset the machine.

Guys like you impress me. When my dryer stopped heating up, my first thought was buy a new one. Mr AE watched YouTube and soldered something on an electric board and it’s still running.

Reactions: keepcoming

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Guys like you impress me. When my dryer stopped heating up, my first thought was buy a new one. Mr AE watched YouTube and soldered something on an electric board and it’s still running.
Thanks AE. I do all kinds and types of maintenance around the house and my vehicles.

Before I attempt to do anything, I consult YT first, and it hasn't let me down yet.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
YouTube has saved me a few times...I could not figure out the timer on my new dryer, so I went to YouTube and viola, I now have it figured out. Speaking of washers (and dryers), they sure do not make them like they used to. I had my Kenmore (W&D) for 22 years, built to last. Just bought a new set and I already do not like them.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I must say one of the joys of living in DR is that there is very little waste. Anything which can possibly be repaired IS repaired. It's so depressing in 1st world countries that we are told it's not worth repairing and so much stuff with very little wrong with it ends on the scrap heap. I often say that there isn't recycling widely available for plastic and glass in DR but they more than make up for it by recycling all their old furniture and equipment.

Dec 2, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Thank you all for your help. I’m happy to report that I managed to solve the problems myself.

I did check out YouTube and got some basic guidance there.

My first issue was that the washing machine hadn’t drained completely and still had about a third of the water in it. So I opened up the back of the machine and unhooked the drain. Then I made sure the pipes were clear an reconnected the drain (I was a little surprised that there is no drain pump on this machine, just gravity feed)

Anyway I then thought that maybe the spin dryer issue may have been caused by the blocked drain. If the dryer wasn’t draining then maybe it couldn’t lose enough weight to get up to top speed. So I plugged it back in and turned the dryer on, but to my disappointment it still was spinning too slowly. At this point I had opened up the control panel on top of the machine, so started to look at connections between the dryer lid and its motor.

The only connection was a single wire. So I pulled on it slightly to change the tension with the dryer running and voila when I increased the tension the dryer spun up to full speed. I then figured out how to adjust the tension, did that and now ‘caso cerrado’!

Thanks

Reactions: AlterEgo and Buck

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
WOW! That's great!

Youtube has really become an excellent reference tool for just about anything. I use it almost on a daily basis and it hasn't let me down yet.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Thank you all for your help. I’m happy to report that I managed to solve the problems myself.

My first issue was that the washing machine hadn’t drained completely and still had about a third of the water in it. So I opened up the back of the machine and unhooked the drain. Then I made sure the pipes were clear an reconnected the drain (I was a little surprised that there is no drain pump on this machine, just gravity feed)

Anyway I then thought that maybe the spin dryer issue may have been caused by the blocked drain. If the dryer wasn’t draining then maybe it couldn’t lose enough weight to get up to top speed. So I plugged it back in and turned the dryer on, but to my disappointment it still was spinning too slowly. At this point I had opened up the control panel on top of the machine, so started to look at connections between the dryer lid and its motor.

The only connection was a single wire. So I pulled on it slightly to change the tension with the dryer running and voila when I increased the tension the dryer spun up to full speed. I then figured out how to adjust the tension, did that and now ‘caso cerrado’!

Thanks
WD40, sandpaper and needle nose pliers are your best wiring friends

Reactions: JD Jones

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Thanks AE. I do all kinds and types of maintenance around the house and my vehicles.

Before I attempt to do anything, I consult YT first, and it hasn't let me down yet.
I have done everything from power window repair, changing oxygen sensors, replacing the entire front end and replacing all other engine sensors off you tube. Next up removing the drive shaft, then replacing the rear coupling and differential with new ones

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Thanks
Is the washing machine of this type? https://www.midea.com/mx/lavanderia/lavadoras-semiautomaticas ?