Watch USA TV Netforks for free, legally

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It works great. I did it because on the MLB TV package they black out home baseball games......but not when you mask your IP.

Your billing address doesn't matter with MLBTV.com. You just tell them you live here and you are never blacked out from anything. We even get playoff and World Series games. No prob.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Who is your provider? If it's Comcast, the IP is in Miami.

Thanks for the info about Comcast.

This reply is to windeguy's post too about where to check ip address.

That "whatoismyipaddres"s site reports my service right:

Your IPv4 Address Is:
xxx
Your IP Details:
ISP: TRICOM
City: Santo Domingo
Region: Nacional

I still get the "forbidden" reply from the ustvnow site. I have other service with US channels, though. So not critical. I like free things though.

Last edited:

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I personally am so happy to live in a USA-TV-free world. I get baseball on mlbtv.com and movies (if I am willing to wait for the download) on Graboid. It's more than enough.

But for those TV watchers, this sounds like a great solution. Enjoix!

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
rubio,

curious about whether you were able to get multiple sling trials on the same Android device.

Feb 7, 2007
Ok, so this is the update:
- I was able to create a new sling trial, using different email address / name / address but same Entropay prepaid card number.
- Channels play fine in Windows Sling APP
- Roku app has sign in issues prompting a password change (syaing email has been dispatched with instructions) which never arrives.
BUT apparently as per reddit there may some some issues with Roku Sling as the users are experiencing the same issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/slingtv/comments/4xu1ny/roku_sign_in_outage/

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
it's Cable Del Norte in Cabarete , and everything says ComCast . I use the VPN here to allow me to use the free TV

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
it's Cable Del Norte in Cabarete , and everything says ComCast . I use the VPN here to allow me to use the free TV

OK. Thanks. If I have to use a paid VPN, I will just stick with IPTV that has 800 world wide channels and hundreds of on demand movies.

Feb 7, 2007
OK. Thanks. If I have to use a paid VPN, I will just stick with IPTV that has 800 world wide channels and hundreds of on demand movies.

How is the quality of IPTV streams on a large TV (about 42" size)? Are the streams in HD or SD 16:9? or are they SD 4:3 which look stretched on 16:9 screen (like the old analogue cable)?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How is the quality of IPTV streams on a large TV (about 42" size)? Are the streams in HD or SD 16:9? or are they SD 4:3 which look stretched on 16:9 screen (like the old analogue cable)?

The streams vary in quality from SD to between SD and HD and up to 720P. Most are in the range between SD and HD. All of them look OK on a 42 inch TV, which is the size I am using at the moment.
42 inch Plasma 720P Panasonic . There are issues during prime time viewing were their servers can start to overload, but the annual price is low.
(The service also includes their satellite package, but in the DR, it is limited to satellites 110 and 119 and that part of the package has ECMs all of the time.
I have not even checked my dish in over a year to see if it still works. It is a roof ornament now. )

Feb 7, 2007
I have not even checked my dish in over a year to see if it still works. It is a roof ornament now.

That looks like my two dishes ... even the LNB arm already fell off ;)

I might look into IPTV private server, but I will check out my FireTV first. A friend of mine claims he has an XBMC add-on that allows you to watch/find almost any content online, so I will give it a try. FireTV arrives today.

Besides that, I have Netflix, Crackle and Amazon Video (and now USTVNow) on Roku, plus free Hulu streaming through Play On. Plus, I can direct-download almost any TV show through 2ddl website, for free, just an hour or two after it airs ... Really the only one who watches "regular TV" (sometimes) is my daughter.