What applies when you have applied for a residence permit?

Jonas A

Nov 13, 2023
La Romana
What applies when you have applied for a residence permit, but it is not finished yet.
For example, does my European driver's license apply?
According to the rules I have read, it applies as long as I do not stay illegally in the country and have a visa.
Visa with extension, visa max. 30 + 60 days.
During the application process I do not have a visa but am not illegal either.
Is there anyone who can answer me what applies.

Thanks
Jonas

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Carry proof of your application that shows where you are in the process and you're fine, do what you want (within reason).
I've never heard of anyone having to extend a tourist visa while a residence application is in process.

Reactions: cavok and Manuel01

daisypolanco

Jan 11, 2024
Santo Domingo
What applies when you have applied for a residence permit, but it is not finished yet.
For example, does my European driver's license apply?
According to the rules I have read, it applies as long as I do not stay illegally in the country and have a visa.
Visa with extension, visa max. 30 + 60 days.
During the application process I do not have a visa but am not illegal either.
Is there anyone who can answer me what applies.

Thanks
Jonas
What kind of residency did you apply for?

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Carry proof of your application that shows where you are in the process and you're fine, do what you want (within reason).
I've never heard of anyone having to extend a tourist visa while a residence application is in process.
Not sure about that CG. I just posted about our completion of the residency process. However, during the process we had to return to the states for a funeral. Had our paperwork but they ignored it and charged us several thousand pesos to board. Whether its a written policy or whatever they know they've got you by the short hairs when your in the boarding process. Farmer