What do we need?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I don't know if this is feasible or not, but it would also be nice to do a search of the posts a person made without having to find one of their posts first. As it stands, if I knew i wanted to find a post that say Larry made a while back. First, I have to find one of his posts, then click on his name, and select "find all posts by Larry". Searching with search terms "Larry", at this point, with the search function, doesn't work, unless he's talking about himself and it's in the text of his message. Labour-intensive, IMO. However, I don't know if the board's system is capable of doing it any other way. Maybe if they're set up as a buddy?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
trina said:
I don't know if this is feasible or not, but it would also be nice to do a search of the posts a person made without having to find one of their posts first. As it stands, if I knew i wanted to find a post that say Larry made a while back. First, I have to find one of his posts, then click on his name, and select "find all posts by Larry". Searching with search terms "Larry", at this point, with the search function, doesn't work, unless he's talking about himself and it's in the text of his message. Labour-intensive, IMO. However, I don't know if the board's system is capable of doing it any other way. Maybe if they're set up as a buddy?

Use the advanced search, it offers exactly what you want to do.
The link is at the bottom of the search box that pops up and it's called "Advanced Search".
Or go straight to it: http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
And if you click on " threads started" by larry"rather than "posts" that cuts down on the results. You can also unclick the "exact username" if you are not sure how someone spells it.

It's always been there. ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
It's always been there. ;)

LOL!!! All I can say at this point is that I quite possibly could still have baby brain...that's lasted since I was pregnant with Dominic...er...four years ago...that's it...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well I'm sure if I had three young kids I wouldn't have as much time to play with all these buttons. :)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I think that a spot on the page for pictures would be cool. As it is now alot of people miss it, and have to go to the original DR1 page to find them.

There should also be a section where the pictures are separated-places and hotels separate from the stuff that people would put in photo albums, like individual and group pictures.

This way, if someone wanted to see pictures of Punta Cana or any other place, they could go right to the spot and check them out.

I think this would help people wanting info on places in the DR to see with their own eyes what a certain location and/or hotel looks like.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We are working on a new media gallerym been talking to Wud about this. It should be up and running in a week or so.