What does "tipco" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
As in "Rancho Tipico"...

I'm guessing it means "typical", but when I put it into a translator, it comes back "tipico".

Thanks.

Tom

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A "tipico" is a place where they play merengues with the "typical" instruments:
Accordion, rasp, (sax), drum.(G?iro, tambor y bandoni?n) Other instruments, like the trumpet are sometimes there, too.
The "t?picos" tend to be milder music, with an older crown. Good dancing music.

Sometimes also caled "G?iri-g?iri"

HB :D:D:D:D

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Spelling is critica.

OttawaTom said:
I'm guessing it means "typical", but when I put it into a translator, it comes back "tipico".

Yes I see I misspelled ciritcal in a sub-title about spelling. Ho ho.

Put in the right spelling t?pico = typical. If you are accent challenged ( it is a pain to type them on a PC) you get very literal machine translation on Google/Altavista. Tip - get the Franklin translator - it knows what you mean , offers a correction (t?pico) and then tells you the meaning. You see this a lot in Central America (comida t?pica) for local food restaurants/cantinas.

Try ten?a (the imperfect past for tener). Enter tenia you get tapeworm. Interesting when you get e-mail from someone telling you they had something. The smaller non-voice Franklin translators are very affordable.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Around here, when they refer to a tipico, it basically means any place that sells drinks and plays loud plinky plinky music, and is operated by Dominicans.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
myself...i would rather hang out at some tipico that plays "plinky plinky" music and is operated by dominicans...rather than some place that plays the german "burger dance" and is inhabited by ex-pats.

Just sayin' is all

Status
Not open for further replies.