What is the avarage salery in dr a month?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
CAN ANYBODY TELL ME, HOW MUCH IS THE AVARAGE SALERY A MONTH IN DR? HOW MUCH CAN I PAY A DRIVER JUST TO DRIVE ME AROUND FOR 5 DAYS,:laugh: EN PESO? NO TAXI PRICES!!

Santo Domingo - a good-ish driver with references to drive your car, with your petrol, roughly rd$12,000 per month (5 day week with saturday mornings when required).

be prepared to pay a lot for repairs.

mrlexx0

Aug 1, 2011
@ jackichan. for 1 taxi services have a chart for fares, and since they know you have dollars they charge you tourist prices.. we all trying to eat, not get RAPED!

mrlexx0

Aug 1, 2011
@ sking. BROAD??? R you kidding me!! if you live in slow mo then dont reply... that simple..

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Yeah, don't overpay. Lots of taxis use natural gas as for their cars, not gasoline, so it's cheaper.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Obviously some variation but I can give 2 prices. A driver from the capital in a modern people carrier costs RD2,750$ per day not including gas. Buying him meals is optional, pottering around the city probably not required, a full days drive is probably a nice thought.
A driver in the Bavaro area is RD4,000$ per day on the same basis.
These are prices that were offered on full weeks employment, not only a single days driving, nice cars, nicely dressed drivers that speak enough English to get you where you need to be.
This is a complete day, from 2 hours to 18 hours, no difference, if they can not book the car out as you may need it, then you pay!

Or you can hire a banger with driver each morning from anything from RD1,500$, but expect break downs and a bit of haggling (hassle). We used to go to Boca on a pi$$ up now and then, all day and would pay a local taxi RD1000$ to take us and take up home, he would also be drunk on the return journey.