What is the Quickest Way to Get a Dominican into the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Nothing is quicker, faster. It took me 5 years for my family to get visa, yes on low income but I made it through. Spend $4500 but it was a worth investment. I love my family, my wife and my 3 kids. Trust me, NEVER I mean NEVER do a faster route. Why? There is none.

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
This is how I did it, you have a baby together. You file her papers for a fiance visa when shes about 4 months pregnant. when the baby is born, you go to the embassy and get the babies american birth certificate and passport as a birth of an american abroad, then when you go for your fiance interview with her, they will approve her because she is the mother of an american. Oh yeah, make sure you want to marry her and be with her since your'e having a baby first.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
This is how I did it, you have a baby together. You file her papers for a fiance visa when shes about 4 months pregnant. when the baby is born, you go to the embassy and get the babies american birth certificate and passport as a birth of an american abroad, then when you go for your fiance interview with her, they will approve her because she is the mother of an american. Oh yeah, make sure you want to marry her and be with her since your'e having a baby first.
that's not always true just because you get her pregnant does not always grant her citizenship the baby yes but not her...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
that's not always true just because you get her pregnant does not always grant her citizenship the baby yes but not her...
I have personal experience with a close relative where the anchor baby granted the mother residence and later US citizenship.
As you say, not always, but it did work that time.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You really need to study up on the interview process that both of you will have to do - separately. Flying down here for two weeks, spending money on her, and confessing your true love for her is not going to cut it. Dumping your old lady and marrying a young chica here is not going to earn you any bonus points either.
You haven't been following his story. She's not a "young chica", she's a middle-aged woman.

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
i didnt say citizenship, but it will get her the fiance visa approved.. then once youre both in the states and you marry you can get her 2 year residency.. followed by 10 year residency which then she can apply for citizenship if youre still married and she is here for 3 years total. if you got divorced after she got her 10 year residency, she can stay without you but must wait a total of 5 years before applying for citizenship. if you got divorced before the 2 year residency passed, then, by law, they arent supposed to give her the permanent residency, but with biden in office they probably would.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You were married when you met this woman. During courtship (whatever you want to call it) you were still married. Now divorcing your wife, and then looking to marry and petition for your DR girlfriend to come to the USA. Being that Immigration/Homeland Security are a unique group of people in their thought process, just wondering how all that will play out in your application/interview process. But that is all off-topic...
She'll be rejected once they determine he was still married when they began their relationship.
Dude is moving way too fast.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
unfortunately, due to operation, not possible for child. But what you said makes sense...

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Hah
Ok I'm going to give you an update.
Spoke to an Immigration lawyer who has been doing this for 40 years.
Hah!
Is this immigration lawyer working in the D.R.?

If so, he/she will have many stories to tell you, from how he/she has done this same exact process for thousands of clients... to the thousands of pardons and green card processes completed during those 40 years. Don't be surprised to hear that he/she worked for the *State Department for 25 years, followed by 20 years with the FBI, and that he/she graduated from 3 different law schools (one in the D.R. and two in the States), as well as having spent 25 years in the U.S. Armed Forces... but he/she is barely 50 years old. Be prepared to fork out a lot of moolah for all that experience.

*Stuff I've heard from Dominican lawyers

Caveat emptor.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
She'll be rejected once they determine he was still married when they began their relationship.
Dude is moving way too fast.
Exactly. Immigration/Homeland Security as I said have a unique/different thought process. Seeing that this relationship began, continued while Ken was/is still married will not score him any points in the approval process. If Ken is serious about this (which I question) then he needs to wait a few years after his divorce and then consider the visa process. Even then nothing is guaranteed. The paperwork for the visa is the easy part, no lawyer would be necessary. It is the approval part that is difficult.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Hah

Hah!
Is this immigration lawyer working in the D.R.?

If so, he/she will have many stories to tell you, from how he/she has done this same exact process for thousands of clients... to the thousands of pardons and green card processes completed during those 40 years. Don't be surprised to hear that he/she worked for the *State Department for 25 years, followed by 20 years with the FBI, and that he/she graduated from 3 different law schools (one in the D.R. and two in the States), as well as having spent 25 years in the U.S. Armed Forces... but he/she is barely 50 years old. Be prepared to fork out a lot of moolah for all that experience.

*Stuff I've heard from Dominican lawyers

Caveat emptor.
Indeed Domincan Lawyers guarantee results while drooling over your open wallet, but that's the last time guarantee is mentioned until it's time for money.
They can't do anything but frustrate and confuse you.

Status
Not open for further replies.