What is the Quickest Way to Get a Dominican into the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ken, I am curious...you said you just spent time (15 days) with your GF in the DR but yet you have posted nothing about the trip. How was your trip? Where did you stay? Did you find a driver or rent a car? You asked a lot of questions prior to you supposedly coming to the DR, but we have not heard anything about your supposed trip here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Ken, I am curious...you said you just spent time (15 days) with your GF in the DR but yet you have posted nothing about the trip. How was your trip? Where did you stay? Did you find a driver or rent a car? You asked a lot of questions prior to you supposedly coming to the DR, but we have not heard anything about your supposed trip here.
Yes, do tell us, other than the bedroom antics.

Reactions: jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
1689364257029.png

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Profiling is the final word.Let me first say that some time back there was some discussion here about WESTERN UNION stopping (or not taking ) money by Americans wanting to send to DR. It was a well known fact that profiling customers (age, sending to, frequency, amounts, etc) would stop a transfer. I personally, at the time verified that with WU.

Now then,is there ANY member here that thinks a Dominicana presenting herself with any of the senarios , or forms, or whatever... will pass a profile test? These agents see this HUNDRENDS of times a week! They have been schooled, trained, tested in reading and can read of pile of information put in front of them WITHOUT reading the material. Yep. Magic.

If anyone doubts this I recommend they go to the US embassy any morning, year round, M-F 7 am and lookout the lines. How many of those people make it?

Pieces of paper ie forms doesn't cut it as it ALL comes down to the interview. NOT by Mr. Ken who has good intentions, but down to the profile the agent, sees in his GF that is standing in front of him.

• Love
Reactions: jd426 and JD Jones

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
johne, I get your point 100%, but if you look at the visa approval numbers over time, for some reason they are supposed to be much higher over recent years.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Pieces of paper ie forms doesn't cut it as it ALL comes down to the interview. NOT by Mr. Ken who has good intentions, but down to the profile the agent, sees in his GF that is standing in front of him.
If you're referring to the tourist visa interview, the immigration officer will not see Ken because he will not even be allowed to enter the embassy.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
As a man, I'm not getting involved with any woman who wants to "mangar su visa" following a 15-day third-rate romance and low-rent rendezvous... even if she claims "she's never done this kind of thing before."

Reactions: JD Jones

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Make extra copies of "EVERYTHING" and always take copies of all documents with you to interviews.

When we went for our joint interview after getting married on a K1 visa the letter contained a list of documents they may request to see at the interview.

The arse-whole interviewer we got asked for a copy of a document that was not on the list.
I told him that document was not on the list for us to bring and she would not be here if we had not had it.

He stated that he knows that, but he still wants to see it anyway.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Hah

Hah!
Is this immigration lawyer working in the D.R.?

If so, he/she will have many stories to tell you, from how he/she has done this same exact process for thousands of clients... to the thousands of pardons and green card processes completed during those 40 years. Don't be surprised to hear that he/she worked for the *State Department for 25 years, followed by 20 years with the FBI, and that he/she graduated from 3 different law schools (one in the D.R. and two in the States), as well as having spent 25 years in the U.S. Armed Forces... but he/she is barely 50 years old. Be prepared to fork out a lot of moolah for all that experience.

*Stuff I've heard from Dominican lawyers

Caveat emptor.
no he is in US

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Since when do rules have to make sense? You cannot accompany a tourist visa applicant to the interview. They won't even let you inside. In fact, they won't even let you stand outside. You have to wait about a block away.
From the curb to where the line starts you have to have your name on the list. Checked harder than trying to enter the hottest club in SD. The checker has two PN standing inches away from her. Good luck with that.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
ETA The appointment calendar is running at about 8 weeks (to your date) last time I checked.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Wow, from the “In My Day” file….. I only went to the US Embassy once in Santo Domingo, I took my father-in-law to request a visa to come spend the summer with us. No appointment, we just got on line together and I went up to the window when it was our turn and asked the guy if he spoke English. After he got over his surprise that an American was on the Dominican line, I explained why we were there and he told me the fact that he had a son and his family in USA would make it harder, not easier, to get the visa. (He got the visa, I think the application cost about $10 back then).

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
as a courtesy since I did solicit much advance info I will summarize the trip.
We stayed at a friends 3 BR house.. Thank god it had AC in every room although at times there was no luz.
My friend was there much of the time and was able to drive us. My GF had a friend of a cousin who took her to the Airport to pick me up... I paid him 4000.
He drove us around and took us food shopping. For trips to jumbo or Sirena we could a taxi. I took uber once and of course the actual charge was not the same as the listed.. The driver told us that in a call.. I did have drivers available but never used any. When we went out her cousins would pick us up.
Both her children stayed with us most of the time 17 yo Girl and 13 YO boy. We got along fine... played dominoes etc.

When we met for the first time at the airport it was F*cking amazing. Very emotional for both. A moment I will NEVER forget. Still brings tears to my eyes.
We played house for 15 days,,, She was very attentive... We did have to use a translator at times because there we some communication glitches.
She normally spoke fast even for a native. She would slow down to talk to me. but still some of the words didn't make sense to my classical spanish

She wanted her cousins to meet me and we get together. None spoke a word of Enlgish which did make communications a bit difficult at time.
But they were all friendly.

About her:
1-very accommodating.. cooked every meal. I still lost 7 pounds
2- does not like aqua caliente and no me gusta aqua fria. jjjj
3-had to get up at 6:30 every morning for coffee and religious prayers.
4-A bit stubborn and set in her ways. She explained that she has lived alone and is not used to living with a man.
5-Affectionate but not over the top. always held hands when we were in the house and she was doing a crossword puzzle or something.
6-i felt she had a short temper, let's call it impatience, not a hot temper. she never yelled at me.. Just sometimes would say NO MAS
7-Didn't like to kiss in the street nor in front of her 17 yo daughter.
8-never went out with all the bracelets and makeups
9-She does not express much emotion.. Very short on words. Which bothers me at times. She doesn't say te amo often and when I tell her the words are important she replies tu sabes que te amo . If I write te amo she will reply yo tambien mi amor or yo mas etc.
9-I took her shopping the day we left because upon returning to her house she had no food and had not been paid the last month. It was like a kid in the candy stiore. But I wanted to make sure that she and her children had enough food... Food is expensive... I was a bit surprised.
10-She and her family love pan... They eat a tremendous amount of it. with cheese of mayonaise or whatever.
10A-She is not well informed about many things in life.
11- We didn't have any major arguments just a few disagreements because we are not the same.
11A-She got excited over one of my tank tops so I gave her 3 of them... She wore them the same day.
11A-She has lots of primas,. I only met one primo who was married and a nice guy
12-Had one situation which aggravated me. She had told two of her cousins and their spouses that I would take them out to dinner. They had taken us out before. I told my GF that I hope it is not an expensive restaurant because I had some financial legal constraints. She said If I want she could cancel the dinner. I give her 1000 pesos to get her hair/nails done at a salon.. That was an all day affair.
I said no. The cousin picked the restaurant.. Food prices were high but not crazay $25 for a steak $10 for shrimp. Two of her cousins ordered LOBSTER.
Needless to say the bill was beyond what I anticipated... Afterwards they took us out and we drank at an outside place until 2:00,
I had a great time with the cousins and their wives.. They gave me their numbers and even now we stay in touch.
13-She saw me off at the airport last Sunday.
14-She had to go back to work on july 14 even though she is not completely healed from her surgery which pissed me off
15-marriage was never discussed. She said her daughter wants to stay in DR but that my GF would move here when here daughter was 18 if it ever came to that.
16-I taught her how to use a washing machine

Final impression:
A hard working poor woman (who is in debt to the bank because of a loan she took out before covid) She wants some of the better things in life.
Very concerned about self appearance. The emotions I had for her before were amplified by living with her. Now the problem is she is back on 12 days working and 3 days off, It is very impractical for me to fly down for 3 days. I do not know what the future brings. Since I got home she has been in a funk because of financial problems and she feels lonely. Her communication with me has been limited in words and primarily text messages, I have not had a single voz message and only a few videos.

I don't know if or when I am going to see her again. She would live with me in a rented house/apartment but I do not know her well enough to make that commitment at present.

So here you have the final chapter in my telenovela

Reactions: JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.