What were they thinking?!

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Did anybody see the Casandra awards? I have never in my life, seen so many Dominicans badly dressed. What the hell was Venya Carolina thinking? Her dress was quite vulgar, she should have been naked, it would have not made a difference. She looked like a tank. What I really find amusing, is how people on this board say Dominicans are well dressed, especially for special occasions. Seriously, alot of them were badly dressed. The few people whom I believe were well dressed are: Milagros German and her daughter(s), Georgina Duluc, the chick from Santo Domingo Invita, and Luis Fonsi.

Links to picks:
http://www.bonche.com/bonche/photo-albums/display.php?language=es&album=630

Sep 20, 2003
I haven't looked at all the photos of the event, but I have to agree, a lot of the dresses the women are wearing are pretty bad. They looked like they bought used highschool prom dresses from a Salvation Army store.

Did the girl in the red dress have a nose job?

C

Chip00

What the hell was Venya Carolina thinking? Her dress was quite vulgar, she should have been naked, it would have not made a difference. She looked like a tank.

Make that a well built tank! See photo #298. That comes from eating too much mangu!

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
The Best Dressed

I believe these were some of the best dressed attendees. No order in particular.

Best:
32788.jpg

32802.jpg

Georgina Duluc. Wow, she impressed me, the outfit contours perfectly to her body. I've seen her modeling pictures, and I thought she was nothing special, but in these pics she looks great.
To Ogre: I don't believe she has had a nose job, I think it's the make-up.

32789.jpg

Robmariel Olea. That's classic, everything; the dress, purse, jewelry. I would rank her the best dressed female of the night.

32859.jpg

Both of these ladies chose nice attire. The one in beige and sky blue looks stunning.

32890.jpg

Sharlene Taule (SDI chick). This girl is hot, she has a nice body, but you can't tell from this pic.

32914.jpg

I don't know her name, I think she is a TV personality. Looks great, and the outfit is perfect for her body, and she's ?HOT!

32929.jpg

I like this one. Everything is color coordinated, the dress is simple yet colorful. Nice amount of cleavage.

32992.jpg

Luis Fonsi. One of the better dressed men of the event. Stripes look good on him.

33110.jpg

Celine Toribio and Tony from Univision. Both are well dressed. Celine has added a few pounds, but the dress she chose fits well. Tony combined the colors well.

Not in Pictures: Milagros German and her daughter(s). They were dressed appropriately.

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
nice pics, cheap looking dresses....thanks for posting the link....

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
The Worst Dressed Part I

I don't want to offend anybody. But the Casandra awards is the DR version of the Grammy or Oscar awards. Some people have to conform, and dress better, it's expected. The Casandra awards is not like an MTV or teen choice award, so again I ask: what were these people thinking?

32791.jpg

Diego Torres. He's Argentine, and was a special guest, but has he ever heard of antiperspirant. He was dressed very casual, would he do that in Argentina for such an award event?

32792.jpg

Aventura: Well half of Aventura, the two guys that sing are well dressed. The other two guys, not so well. Pink? No man should wear pink! I would never wear pink. A sky blue blazer with a tee shirt, why didn't he just wear a wife-beater? It wouldn't have made a difference. Those guys looked ghetto, not even Domi-Yorks would wear what they wore.

32810.jpg

Eva (Something). Should have been naked. It would have been more entertaining. I don't understand why they kicked out the two comedian guys in red underwear, when some of these females had the same amount of clothes :cheeky:. I do like that little eye :bunny: .

32797.jpg

No words to explain this. Total disaster. Are they trying to be a 1970 pimps? The guys in red underwear made a better decision than these two guys.

32814.jpg

Guy and female to his left (blue-purple dress). The chick to the right should have left the other two at home. The guy looks like he should be hanging out with that 80s band "the Culture Club". The female in the bluish-purple dress got bad advice from the culture club guy.

32819.jpg

El Pacha= The suit is horrific, is he a waiter? Is he wearing Hammer pants?

32870.jpg

Corporan. He is not only a crook, but also has bad style. I can't believe he won, they're way better variety shows then his on Dominican TV.

32925.jpg

I just don't like her dress, it looks weird on her. Sort of looks like what one of the warriors from the Persian army in the movie 300 (Frank Miller version) would wear.

Guatiao

Mar 27, 2004
Part II

32804.jpg

Dominican Hipster. I don't understand why guys wear sneakers and a suit, it's not traditional and it doesn't look cool.

32937.jpg

Clown, is it appropriate? Why are there people in costumes?

33026.jpg

Yellow dress and shoulder blades, no good. Was she trying to be a sunflower?

33086.jpg

Venya Carolina. It's the first time I've seen a Dominican female not prepare her hair or nails. The dress is horrible as well, seems more like what one of AZBs favourite girls from Boca Chica or Sosua would wear :laugh:.

33092.jpg

Red Velvet. Somebody is trying to be a pimp or camouflage (sic) with the carpet.

Honorable Mention:
  • The guys in underwear.
  • The defunct Miss Puerto Plata Ioanna Giouzzepos: She doesn't have a good body, she would not have won Miss RD. When I saw her pics from the event, the only thing that came to mind was "wow, photoshop was used greatly on her Miss RD pics".
  • 70s couple: I can't find the pics, but this couple was probably the worst dressed. It seemed like they are stuck in the 1970s.

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
I haven't looked at all the photos of the event, but I have to agree, a lot of the dresses the women are wearing are pretty bad. They looked like they bought used highschool prom dresses from a Salvation Army store.

Did the girl in the red dress have a nose job?

Believe me, That's not the only job she's had, she has had a few other surgeries work done... Yes they are horible, although I did like the red dress, I only recognized the girl in the dress day from a talk show she had in el SuperCanal and ofcourse Charityn who could have done better without that white dress. Who re the rest of these women ? are they supposed to be famous? :surprised