What's a muela and how do recognize them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Yes we do. A player, a hustler, a pimp-any of those guys, if they are good at what they do, "have game".

If a guy can sweet talk a woman, he has a great "rap", or a great "game".

Or, if you prefer a more vulgar term, a guy who gets all the women knows how to "mack the hoes".

Its' not a science, like I told you-don't give these guys so much credit. And its' not about confidence-its' about over confidence.

Some women are swayed by a guy who is aggressive in such a tigre fashion.

It plays into some womens' desires to be chased, as opposed to meeting someone and speaking as friends on even terms.

So if that approach impresses some women, they will be in heaven with these type of guys.

Yes, I think this point about over confidence is a good one. Regarding chasing however, my understanding is that Dominican men don't chase women, they have a surplus of women available and accessible who are chasing THEM. Maybe this also contributes to over confidence, you can throw out muelas and if they stick, great, if not someone else with buy them.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
You are absolutely right. Effective macking here in the states requires a level of subtleness that is lost on most sankies. The women they seduce are just not used to that level of assertiveness (or aggressiveness). For a woman who is unaccustomed to being approached with that level of directness it can be intoxicating and very flattering. The seduction is based on the initial lie and one's (male or female) susceptibility depends on how much the ego is willing to hold on to the initial lie. If one becomes invested in the first lie that this person has fallen madly in love after a short time then there is a willingness to believe all subsequent lies. Not doing so would negate the first lie. It is either ignore the warning signs or admit that the object of their affection wasn't that enthralled to begin with.

There is no "special type" of muela that dominicans engage in-its' the same smooth-talking crap players from all countries use to get what they want.

Its effectiveness relies more on the ignorance of the victim than any "special powers" that some people think muelus possess.

These fools have been endowed svengali-type status because it really doesn't take much to bamboozle some of their "victims", who sometimes seem all too eager to fall for their lies.

You do not need to wear cloves of garlic around your neck and a religious amulet to ward these vampires off. A simple "Go Away" in whichever language you speak is more than enough.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Yes we do. A player, a hustler, a pimp-any of those guys, if they are good at what they do, "have game".

If a guy can sweet talk a woman, he has a great "rap", or a great "game".

Or, if you prefer a more vulgar term, a guy who gets all the women knows how to "mack the hoes".

Its' not a science, like I told you-don't give these guys so much credit. And its' not about confidence-its' about over confidence.

Some women are swayed by a guy who is aggressive in such a tigre fashion.

It plays into some womens' desires to be chased, as opposed to meeting someone and speaking as friends on even terms.

So if that approach impresses some women, they will be in heaven with these type of guys.

LOL B,

dam you are good!! The image of these guys, the bad boy for life... yes it may be a turn on to some women, and i have to admit...I was turned on by that in the past, but have outgrown it and have matured..

I think at a certain age ...EVERYTHING just changes, i think the more mature you become you appreciate the finer things in life...as far as sex, it's not about how much sex you have, it's about the quality....the finer the man, the better you feel about who you are shaggin and yourself;...sorry can i say that???

it's not about quantity...it's about quality!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
You are absolutely right. Effective macking here in the states requires a level of subtleness that is lost on most sankies. The women they seduce are just not used to that level of assertiveness (or aggressiveness). For a woman who is unaccustomed to being approached with that level of directness it can be intoxicating and very flattering. The seduction is based on the initial lie and one's (male or female) susceptibility depends on how much the ego is willing to hold on to the initial lie. If one becomes invested in the first lie that this person has fallen madly in love after a short time then there is a willingness to believe all subsequent lies. Not doing so would negate the first lie. It is either ignore the warning signs or admit that the object of their affection wasn't that enthralled to begin with.

I think you hit on the money with this one. It has been said many times, many women go to the DR and they are not used to getting attention at home. They find this tanned nice looking young stud (but sometimes just FUGLY!!) and this guy is paying all sorts of special attention, then what is a girl to do?! and depending on the circumstances, she may think this is exactly what she was looking for or what she needed and this guy just happen to read her mind and her heart!

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
have you tried muela -lite

I think muela-lite is when the guy doesnt hit 'em with the muela right off the bat. This is the one that goes on there subtle, making him 'different' and this is also the guy that borrows money so that he can pay for everything one or two dates and once he has her hooked on it, pounces on it. Brings it on full force!

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Muela lite

me thinks muela lite is a **** take on a brand of beer.....as in Miller lite
lol

Me thinks so too - I am hooked on JohnEvans sense of humour - I can identify with it, and thought it was quite funny. But then I am easily pleased!!!

:cheeky:

Rio

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I had one of those chain emails sent to me -

A GIRL will go after the BAD BOYS and ignore the GOOD BOYS.

A GROWN WOMAN will ignore the BAD BOYS and only pay attention to the GOOD BOYS.

I think the tourists who come down here revert to their teen age years, at the very least exchange brain cells for hormones on the plane.....

Back to the OP's point - it is important for us foreigners to get a local perspective on the culture. You getting the info from your friend gave you another insight! Now you can decide what to do with the info.

As to Miguel - yes he would have had something to say about this thread and that word!!!! He is always straight forward with his message isn't he.....

When is he coming back???

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
easily pleased?

Me thinks so too - I am hooked on JohnEvans sense of humour - I can identify with it, and thought it was quite funny. But then I am easily pleased!!!

:cheeky:

Rio

dont say that you will get all the bad jokes pm'ed to you now....lol
like ......Heard the one about a man and his dog walking in the park....oh dont worry I will send it to you later......lol

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
OK I am intrigued - planner and margaret

What does the email actually say? What is he after? Are you supposed to know him/them?

Rio

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think we have a pretty good idea now of what muela means and anyone that doesn't will keep falling for muela.

Status
Not open for further replies.