What's your number one problem living in the DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Gringo price for mediocre service ...Sorry for other gringos , it's not specific to Dominicans !

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
Every problem you mentioned - everything goes back to the same - it is lack of education as I wrote somewhere at the beginning.
On the other hand it is not our country ( talking about us foreigners) and we are free to leave.. It is somehow not fair to move to another country and constantly complain about the inhabitants of that country. That is exactly what everybody in Europe says about the immigrants - adapt or go home.
I just find it incredible sad that so many great possibilities are wasted, because of this one problem. It is not about reading and writing only. Most people don't teach their children anything

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
Oh my writing was posted too early.. Most people don't teach their children how to behave or how to treat other people. Many children act like small animals, because nobody told them otherwise. What a waste... However we cannot come here criticising and expecting things to change - that is not our duty..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Oh my writing was posted too early.. Most people don't teach their children how to behave or how to treat other people. Many children act like small animals, because nobody told them otherwise. What a waste... However we cannot come here criticising and expecting things to change - that is not our duty..

With 14yearsinDR I would never expect things to change. In 14 years, Edenorte is still my main problem here.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
For mi....the climate.

I just love our north-european climate... The scottish climate would be ideal for me.

I was stationed in Holy Loch for 2 years and had an apartment off Byers Rd in Glasgow. There are many things That I miss about Scotland, but the weather is not one of them.

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
No gringo has been screwd over by a Dominican chica like they have been by an angry woman in U.S divorce court. No comparison.

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
Generally nobody is born stupid and it is a mistake to think, that Dominicans are ignorants , because they were born like this. It is all about leaning and although some people have higher learning possibilities it is possible for everybody to catch different skills through life no matter where you come from. I have met expats with less education than most Dominicans and I have met Dominicans, who were raised in Europe and they have the exact same skills and mentality that every other European has. If I had children I would run away from here, because I would want my children to learn how to behave and get a decent education. The environment where the children are raised make them to what they are no matter where you come from in the world.
And as said before - we are free to leave.

Planter

Aug 29, 2017
Lol. Typical scenario... An expat who for some reasons could not get pussy at home, marries a Dominican woman... Of course she gets pregnant (not from him maybe but who cares), so a child is born, and that expat thinks: "I could not afford a nanny and a maid in my home country, but we can afford them here." So his child is 50% normal and 50% Dominican, ok, there is still a chance to be normal for him, but a child spends most time with Dominican maid and nanny, and then it's time to start talking, he starts doing somewhat more like barking, like all Dominican children... because it's the same like if he was raised in African forest with gorillas.... so when poor expat realizes that his child is already mentally retarded, it's too late to do anything.... lol

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I think there are a few bitter people in this thread. "The high and mighty Gringo is so much better than a Dominican" smdh.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I really don't understand why people who dislike Dominicans and have such low regard for the country live here. I wish the drivers were more considerate, but I lived in the Washington DC metro area for 30+ years and the drivers there can be very rude as well. If I were as miserable here as some people in this posing seem, I would leave. Why don't they?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I can understand being annoyed by certain facts of life in the DR but to belittle the people of the DR, our hosts, bothers me.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I think there are a few bitter people in this thread. "The high and mighty Gringo is so much better than a Dominican" smdh.

and when the gorgon expresses some outrage about the racism and bigotry which characterizes DR1, people get incensed. read some of the thoughts in this very thread, and they could very well be the products of the most depraved of eugenicist minds.

one has to wonder....

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I really don't understand why people who dislike Dominicans and have such low regard for the country live here. I wish the drivers were more considerate, but I lived in the Washington DC metro area for 30+ years and the drivers there can be very rude as well. If I were as miserable here as some people in this posing seem, I would leave. Why don't they?

they dont leave because they know that the misery which constitutes their lives is not occasioned by others, but is due to their own shortcomings. some people here would be miserable if you gave them a billion dollars and set them up in Monte Carlo. they are here because it is a place where they can feel better than somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.