When blows out the "Condominium-bubble" in the area of Cabarete ?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
someone implied that an influx of retired baby-boomers will have a significant impact on the RE here, and i said i question how many of them will actually come here to retire.

as far as the cost of living goes, there are many threads here on that topic, and general agreement is that it is as much as the US, if not more, unless you want rice and beans every day. the shampoo i buy is $5.5, toilet paper $4, coke $1.5, gas $5.5 a gallon, grapes almost $3 for a little package, watermelon $4, nutella $4.5... maybe you get a special discount at the Playero, i don't, i those are the prices i pay.
Flat tire = $1.50 US
Bus ride to Santo Domingo (4 1/2 hours) = $9.00 US
4 wheel alignment on my car = $8.50 US
If you can't change your habits and insist on buying imported goods, your cost of living will rise drastically.
Try buying all imported goods in the US, same problem.
Shop at Jose Luis and save 20%?
I pay less for car maintenance, car parts, car insurance, income tax, food, scuba diving, heating oil, winter clothing, construction, plumbers, girlfriend, cigarettes, rhum, property taxes, license plate renewal... Shall I go on?
Is this thread about the bubble bursting or cost of living?
If you believe it's going to burst, then go ahead and make your RE decisions accordingly. It's no sweat off our backs.
Coming back 10 years down the road and saying that you made a mistake is ok too.
You're the only one who stands to lose by incorrectly assessing the RE market.
It's your life, your money, do as you please.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Liam, there's already a place in DR for retiree that would tend to emphasize '911' service more than your average Joe - it's called Punta Cana. Cap Cana alone will eventually have its own private hospital. I hesitate to also mention Casa de Campo, but I'm sure they also have some good arrangements too.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg