When the little ones get pregnant...

audboogie

Jul 4, 2004
My husband tells me last night that yet another young neighborhood girl is pregnant......she is either 15 or 16. He has told me from conversations in the past, (if i understand right) that instead of charge the man (if he's older) with rape, the family will bring the girl to his house and "drop her off" and i guess he is expected to take care of the girl and baby when comes. So, im wondering, is there a rape law in DR? girl under age of 18? If there is, is it not used that often? Aren't these men worried about impregnating a 15 yr old and its consequences?

this is what the family of this girl did. brought her to the dudes house. now, how do they know its him who's baby it is? this is where im confused. my husband says how all these little girls are having sex with everyone, so who knows its not a classmates or someone else?

this is sad considering the girl lives with the grandma, mom and boyfriend, 3 other siblings, all in a tiny little shack. its interesting how there's no desire to get out of these conditions, just to add to them.

C

Chip00

I don't know if their is a rape law but I would doubt it as it is fairly common here as in other Latin American countries for girls of 15 to marry or enter into a common law marriage.

Sep 19, 2005
its ok, as long as it not some blood sucking low life deviate american who did it?

Ill tell you it is seldom the girl gets dropped off at the suspects house!!!

and if the guy has any money, Ill guarantee the girl NEVER gets dropped off.

I bet more foreigners get their pants in a knot over stuff like this than dominicans do!!!!

bob

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"You Can't RAPE The WILLING!"

As to the question concerning: Paternity,....

Do you know the "Definition" of "Mass Confusion"??????????????????

"Father's Day" in the Dominican Republic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

PS:..... 15 and 16 year old girls are not considered, The "Little Ones" in the DR!

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
I can't believe so many girls are getting pregnant that young!!! I suppose it does happen here....but the one difference is that the tax payers pay for those 'mistakes'!

How common are abortions in DR?

Sep 19, 2005
it happens everywhere... my niece got pregnant at 16...my sons step sister got pregnant at 16 as well..my daughter knew 2 girls in high school that got pregnant before 17........and that is just what i know of......Although the reasons may be SLIGHTLY different...I say slightly , because we know the main reason!! ha ha ha

here in the states i believe it is a matter of hiding sexual activity from parents..and being affraid to talk to a parenmt about sex ...that leaves the young kids in the dark to find out on their own....and they are all getting pregnant by kids their own age.

In the DR..the girls WANT to get pregnant as soon as possible..it makes them a big girl so much faster!..plus sexual activity is viewed with a lot more acceptance in the DR than it is in a place like america. Plus in the dr men of all ages are getting these young girls pregnant...

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
That is disgusting.....old men and young girls!!! That is so frowned upon over here. One of my Dominican friends has a 4 year old baby and she is only like 23. I was like, why did you have a baby so young??? What about the rest of your life??? But she is happy living like that where she works 5 days a week (6 days every other week) and her mum looks after the baby.
Different cultures eh!!!

Sep 19, 2005
well...my mother had her first child at 18.......whats the big issue?

plus you may think it is disgusting for an older man to have children with a young girl...but a LARGE percentage of DOMINICANS...accept it!!!!!

bob

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What's the big deal? I had my first at 19 and I was married. I grew up with my kids and we were all teens (mentally on my part) at the same time :laugh:

Opps off topic, banned again for the day. ;)

there far worse things that can happen in life than having a baby young

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Thats fine...but I would never consider having a baby that young....that is mainly because of the way I was brought up. My mum is a midwife and refused to let me or my sister have kids at a young age. I think 18 is still a young age....but that is just my opinion.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
That is disgusting.....old men and young girls!!!

As a foreigner you have to put an enourmous effort in "not" being seduced by young dominicans, half your age or even less. I've had an experience with a "relative" of my wife. She is the sister in law of my wifes cousin. When i first met her she didn't know who i was and started to seduce me. everybody was laughing (including me) because we understood her questions and my awnsers were right but i didn't reviel the whole truth
1: my age? 38( she was 18 at the time)
2: If i was married? yes (showed her my ring)
3: if i had childeren? yes 2 (didn't tell her the mothers name)
4: thier age? 20 and 13
at that time everyone started to laugh and explained at her who i was

if not i would have had a hard time keeping her out of my bed that night. So it is not always the old one seducing the young and inocent girl.

Greetings

Johan

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thats fine...but I would never consider having a baby that young....that is mainly because of the way I was brought up. My mum is a midwife and refused to let me or my sister have kids at a young age. I think 18 is still a young age....but that is just my opinion.

I'm going off topic here and Alex can delete my post, but please ask your mother if this could be the reason why so many in NA, (not sure about the UK) are having fertility problems. It's becoming a huge deal in case you haven't heard that by the time you wait and wait for the right time it could be too late.

My God every frickin show on TV is dealing with fertility problems. Gotta get those eggs while they're fresh you know ;)

Doesn't mean you have to get pregnant for those reasons but like I said there's far worse things in life than getting pregnant when you're young.

ok I'm out of here ;)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i know the old men can be blamed but at 15,16 or 17 hasn't someone explained to you the difference between right and wrong ?
are Pante's that expensive in the DR ?? :laugh:

as far as who is to blame, it's a draw.....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
most young girls in DR are getting pregnant by young guys, not by old men.
AZB

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I spend a lot of time in the city that audboogie lives in. I see these young women all over town 16, 17, and 18 years old carrying their babies on their hip like a badge of honor.

Sexual tourisms is not big in La Romana and the fathers of these babies are 99.9% Dominican. The sexual attitudes of the average teenage girl is probably no different that girls in N/A however; sex education is non existent. This type of behavior, promiscuity, is an ever increasing problem in all parts of the DR. Thousands of under age girls become mothers each year in the DR, and with no social welfare programs families look to any resource available to feed and clothe these children. Many will be farmed out to other family members for their entire childhoods.

We may look at this as a disgrace, but it is just a way of life for many of these young girls.

Chuckuindy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
One thing I respect about Dominican families is that they DO take care of the children. Maybe the mother has to work and the grandmother raises her kids, or an aunt, but no child is lacking food and shelter in this country. Regardless of how poor the family might be.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
That is disgusting.....old men and young girls!!! That is so frowned upon over here. One of my Dominican friends has a 4 year old baby and she is only like 23. I was like, why did you have a baby so young??? What about the rest of your life??? But she is happy living like that where she works 5 days a week (6 days every other week) and her mum looks after the baby.
Different cultures eh!!!

You must not spend too much time in the DR going by your post and associating with the Dominican people.

15 and 16 being pregnant, that's not the worse of it. One young "lady" I knew had just turned 13 by two weeks and had her baby. Still living with mom.

One mother tried to get me to date her 15 year old daugther (never mentioned she was pregnant).

If you ask around to the very young pregnant girls, you will find that a large percent (Very large percent) of their boyfriends stopped seeing then the day the girl told them they were pregnant.

Welcome to living in a third world country........