When Will The Government Review Covid Travel Restrictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
To my fellow Canadians in the DR, today is liberation day. No more testing is required to return to Canada. No. It’s not an April’s fool joke. Enjoy your travel freedom. I intend to shortly. Hopefully we won’t have any restriction hurdles to face next winter.
Reports on FB that passengers travelling to Canada on April 1 are still being asked for test results before being allowed to check for their flight. Looks like not everyone working the counter has seen the memo. Not surprising for here. Sometimes better to have and not need than to not have at all.

Reactions: Gadfly

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
But don't you still have to be vaxed to get on an airplane?
Yes. I mentioned that in my previous post a few weeks ago. That’s an airline requirement now, not a federal government requirement. The feds still require it to get through CBSA on arrival. So, one way or another, you still need your vax pass to board a flight and enter Canada.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Reports on FB that passengers travelling to Canada on April 1 are still being asked for test results before being allowed to check for their flight. Looks like not everyone working the counter has seen the memo. Not surprising for here. Sometimes better to have and not need than to not have at all.
More to the point, I wonder if DR airport staff are up to speed on the April 1st change in Canada. Do they still request to see your ArriveCanada completed form?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yes. I mentioned that in my previous post a few weeks ago. That’s an airline requirement now, not a federal government requirement. The feds still require it to get through CBSA on arrival. So, one way or another, you still need your vax pass to board a flight and enter Canada.
I posted the government's website link which says the samething in an early post but....

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
They are complete morons working these different departments. My daughter was on my arrive can app but did not travel at the last minute. when I arrived I scanned my passport but not hers obviously as she didn't go. For the 2 weeks I was there they sent their emails for me to fill out the health stats of my daughter as she is unvaccinated. I did it the first day then the second day I tried to notify them that she didn't travel. No success so I just ignored the emails. One department has no idea who actually arrived. The other knows but doesn't let anyone else know. Maybe when we next travel they will arrest my by then 10 year old.

Reactions: DR fan1990

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Cleaned up. This is not the Canadian Govt. handling of Covid thread.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

BA.5 doesn’t care that you just had Covid-19​

The omicron subvariant is tuned to evade immunity, even from previous omicron infections.

New vaccines are not going to be an answer moving forward with all the variants.
Perhaps some new meds will be a better way to treat those with problems.

CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I guess Novavax might do some good. Time will tell. It still doesn't kill CV19, so it will never go away, just keep mutating to evade any vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.