Where Can I Buy A Decent Brisket?

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Nacional is running ads this month for "brisket". Special price and deals. Going to buy a couple as I have had no luck finding them in Bonao at La Sirena

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
If you ever feel like eating brisket but can't be bothered to cook eat then there is a restaurant between Sosua and Cabarete called Crazy Ranch...best brisket I have ever had in my life and they only charge 250 pesos per pound. A must try for anyone that is in the area. My kids love it as they get 50 wings for 500 pesos!!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
If you ever feel like eating brisket but can't be bothered to cook eat then there is a restaurant between Sosua and Cabarete called Crazy Ranch...best brisket I have ever had in my life and they only charge 250 pesos per pound. A must try for anyone that is in the area. My kids love it as they get 50 wings for 500 pesos!!!
The owners are awesome. One was a chef in Paris, a Venezuelan. Great folks!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

The owners are awesome. One was a chef in Paris, a Venezuelan. Great folks!

100% agree regarding Crazy Ranch. I hope they can weather the slow summer we have on the north coast.

They also home brew an IPA( India Pale Ale) not my favorite choice, but at least it is something different and good for what it is. Their hottest wings were the hottest food I ever had in the DR. If I say they were hot, I mean very few people could have eaten them. They warned me at least three times, but I enjoyed them anyway. I am so out of practice at eating hot spicy food living here.

Happy Smokin' to the OP.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
100% agree regarding Crazy Ranch. I hope they can weather the slow summer we have on the north coast.

They also home brew an IPA( India Pale Ale) not my favorite choice, but at least it is something different and good for what it is. Their hottest wings were the hottest food I ever had in the DR. If I say they were hot, I mean very few people could have eaten them. They warned me at least three times, but I enjoyed them anyway. I am so out of practice at eating hot spicy food living here.

Happy Smokin' to the OP.

I was there last week wasn’t crazy busy ...but steady...ya there brisket is good!

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Guys, the OP isn't a jewish guy from NYC, he is from texas. He wants to dry rub a brisket and then smoke, probably for 12 - 24 hours. Whole different deal.

I have been known to bring in some frozen brisket brought in from texas. Never saw brisket in any store in DR. I have Badle smoker on the balcony and a good supply of dry rub from Rudy's and Black's. Black's in Lockhart has the best brisket and best beef ribs I have ever had!
Speaking my language bro. Lived in Austin 2005-2012.

(Mouth watering)